Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My (new to me) 17MY FFRR
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
Huwrhys

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Surprise surprise as Cilla used to say!
Car won't be ready for me tomorrow, It won't be available to me until about Wednesday but I'll be in Croatia with the wife until Sunday. So I now have a new collection date of Monday 25/6. It then took me an hour to get the insurance shifted because you can't insure a car that doesn't belong to you. Ahh red tape, what would we do without it.
I have no doubt that all the mucking about will be worth it in the end. It's just a shame they make it so unenjoyable.

Post #480972 15th Jun 2018 3:18pm
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

Odd, I insured our before we picked it up. LV just asked when the policy should start from. David

Please let me know if my comments upset you, I may wish to upset you again.

Post #481179 17th Jun 2018 4:41pm
Huwrhys

I was asked the same. Problem was that the dealer couldn’t prepare the car due to a late delivery of the tow bar. Instead of yesterday it’s now Monday 25th. I called the insurance company (NFU) and told them the collection date had been delayed and that’s what they told me. Makes sense that you can’t insure something you don’t own.

Post #481183 17th Jun 2018 4:55pm
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

Can they not just start the policy on the 25th.........or am I missing something basic? David

Please let me know if my comments upset you, I may wish to upset you again.

Post #481185 17th Jun 2018 5:30pm
Huwrhys

The change of date meant that the payments changed so it all had to be redone. Something to do with the payment dates means it’s for 11 months instead of 12.
They make no charge for paying monthly. May as well keep it in my account.

Post #481188 17th Jun 2018 5:52pm
Huwrhys

Arrived in Croatia to an email from the dealership asking if I wanted the wheels refurbished by their guy who comes in to fix them (Smart repair) in which case they’d be sprayed all silver (!) or have the wheels sent away for a back to original finish. If I want the latter it would take 3-4 days and would push collecting the car back a day. I then had a second email which stated the salesman had decided on my behalf (20 mins later because I was on a flight) that he would send them away. Considering the wheels are the Delta wing alloys which are diamond cut I certainly wouldn’t want them sprayed but this now means I’ve been waiting over three weeks for my second hand car! I have had the survey to complete from the sales manager for 10 days about how I feel I was treated by the dealership and am I happy with my car.

I can’t help but feel they don’t have a clue. They seem nice enough but just inept.

Post #481403 20th Jun 2018 6:12am
Huwrhys

Well I eventually collected my FF on Wednesday morning, 11 days later than expected. I found the wheels had been refurbed as expected and was very pleased with the job they'd done. Not so the spare which despite having a new tyre on (which was already on it) it was still filthy. I had a quick look at it and it seemed ok. They had refitted the piece of trim to the boot aperture which was one of the jobs I'd asked to be done. I have to say the cleaning was very poor indeed. A child could have made a better job as there was a silicon type muck over just about every panel where they'd sprayed the rubber seals around the doors. Now seals shouldn't need this sort of treatment at one year old and the guy wielding the silicon spray must have had some kind of nervous problem as he'd got it everywhere. I took the car as I'd become so impatient at this stage and just wanted to get it home.
As I looked around the car it became more and more apparent that the car needed a good clean, out came my bucket and sponge and I got stuck in. The day was really too hot to do this sort of thing and the water was drying almost immediately but I persevered and got the job done. The car looks a million dollars now. During the clean with the boot open the piece of trim fell off. Upon closer inspection I found the part hadn't been replaced but stuck in place with double sided sticky pads like you use for a number plate. I can honestly say I was utterly disgusted. This is a main dealer who did this, not a fly by night under the arches type cheesecutter and sheepskin set up. I think I would have been better served by one of those in hindsight. I found a couple of marks on the rear bumper and one on the front which they told me to get a quote for when I said I had a contact in the game. My man came back with £400 incl for both and I've sent the quote to them. I'm glad I have the car as I think it was a good price and there's nothing on it which cant be put right by someone who cares. The dealership just didn't give a flying f**k.
I've sent them an email regarding the missing front carpet mats, the trim in the boot and the fact that when I cleaned the spare wheel it's kerbed. I'll await their response.

Unfortunately the second pic has turned on it's side for some reason but it's of the rhf boot shut where the two tailgates meet. I wonder how much training you need to develop such a skill.
Car looks good now it's cleaner.

Post #482142 29th Jun 2018 6:45am
Rosco

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Baltic Blue

Enjoy !! And I do like these wheels Thumbs Up

Post #482149 29th Jun 2018 7:18am
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Luxor

That looks fantastic Thumbs Up Cheers Ian
--------------------
Kielder 4x4 Safari

Post #482153 29th Jun 2018 8:02am
Huwrhys

Thanks guys, must say my son is happy to get a lift to the station for the last couple of mornings. Never taken him before!

Post #482156 29th Jun 2018 8:14am
Huwrhys

Ok things have just changed!
Had an engine warning light come up and had an LR tech in to look at it. Same day service with the AA or next day with LR. Chose the LR route and I'm told the car has a faulty turbo. Looks like a turbo solenoid so they're sorting me a replacement car so mine can go in for rectification. Ahhh the joys of LR ownership. Got to say the LR assist set up has been brilliant.
Guy who came also advised me to get a faraday bag for my keys which stops it getting nicked so easily. Job done. Thumbs Up

Post #482169 29th Jun 2018 10:27am
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Luxor

Our local police force were selling Faraday bags for Land Rover owners a short while ago so I managed to get my hands on one. Thumbs Up Anything to make the scroates life a little bit harder Evil or Very Mad Cheers Ian
--------------------
Kielder 4x4 Safari

Post #482189 29th Jun 2018 1:24pm
Harmitans

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

Looks great in that colour. I really like them without the tinted windows.

Post #482313 1st Jul 2018 9:43am
Huwrhys

Having had ugly kid glass in my past two LR's (D3/4) I didn't know how I felt about the idea again. I must admit I quite like it without as well. I did look at fitting aftermarket stuff but heard that it has a limited life and needs replacing every so often so didn't bother. Think I'll leave as is.
Thumbs Up

Post #482389 2nd Jul 2018 6:11am
Huwrhys

Well the story takes another twist. What seemed to go well has now had a wheel fall off it seems.
I awaited a call from the LR Assist people to say they had delivered a car to another dealership so I could drop mine off for repair. No call. I called them two hours later and was told the guy in the van had called the wrong place. I now have a choice of getting a non LR vehicle for the weekend and get swapped into an LR vehicle on Monday or wait until Monday when I would get a call to take my car to the dealership where an LR car would be waiting. To save the mucking about I went for the car at site on Monday. No call this morning so decide to call the dealership, they know nothing about me. I then call LR Assist who keep me hanging on the phone for an hour. I have sent a PM from here to CRC on here to see if they can look into it but so far nothing. I am away for six weeks come 21st of this month so hope they can sort this without too much worry.

Post #482411 2nd Jul 2018 12:13pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>