Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > HDC/SUSP/STEERING
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
alfapat

Scotland 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

I have taken th step of replacing the sensors with one genuine Land Rover to eliminate this elongated problem.
I removed the aftermarket one and yet again measured its resistance , it came to .656 ohms , which is consistant with the remaining three corners . So I measured the genuine one and it measured 35. ohms a big difference . So then I read that most sensors should give a value of any thing between 800 and 1500 ohms . Could someone clarify what to expect .
I have replaced it and intend to go for a run up my field , as Ihave sorned the car over this period and see what happens at 30 mph , at which point the usual faults will reappear and plausibility faults on the three sensors, we shall see

Post #489246 18th Sep 2018 6:24pm
alfapat

alfapat wrote:
Yes , your right I noticed there is a 5 in front of the zeros for the same part . The later L322 has this and sell much cheaper than early ones , Sod’s law. I bought ###mers cheaper option and now that I have exhausted every thing else which included testing abs module and new reluctor rings , I’m stuck with forking out big bucks for the real McCoy! ##sed off to say the least.

Post #489273 18th Sep 2018 11:24pm
alfapat

alfapat wrote:
I have taken th step of replacing the sensors with one genuine Land Rover to eliminate this elongated problem.
I removed the aftermarket one and yet again measured its resistance , it came to .656 ohms , which is consistant with the remaining three corners . So I measured the genuine one and it measured 35. ohms a big difference . So then I read that most sensors should give a value of any thing between 800 and 1500 ohms . Could someone clarify what to expect .
I have replaced it and intend to go for a run up my field , as Ihave sorned the car over this period and see what happens at 30 mph , at which point the usual faults will reappear and plausibility faults on the three sensors, we shall see

Any one ?
On the back of this thread I am hoping it helps the diy 'er.
I have now ordered the rest of the genuine L/R sensors.

Post #489347 19th Sep 2018 8:07pm
alfapat

Blog on, ......Replaced all but one genuine sensor as it read open circuit when tested before I put it on the car. I have taken it back to the dealer to check it out , so put the aftermarket sensor back in and went for a quick run over 30mph and no faults , a break through .

Post #489585 22nd Sep 2018 6:48pm
alfapat

Now fitted and every fault cleared , Hallelujah!
Albeit an extra 200 pounds spent to test abs module, wiring loom ans a set of cheap sensors , lesson learnt

Post #489867 24th Sep 2018 8:39pm
Cymro in Slovakia

Slovakia 2002 Range Rover HSE Td6 Epsom Green

Thanks for the blog on this! I know it must have felt you were talking to the wind, but this thread has helped my understanding of the possible issues and fixes. I now have to work out exactly where to start!

Post #594995 22nd May 2021 2:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123