Home > Technical (L322) > Sinking Feeling
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
supershuttle

England 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor
Sinking Feeling

Guys,
I just had my rear brake pipes fixed but now the car sinks down at the front (slowly) and of course I get the "Suspension Fault" error and "Normal Ride Height Selected" it does in fact go back to normal height and drives fine but I suspect there is something else to spend my money on - ideas?

I have has the occasional "Suspension Fault" before when traversing rough ground but it has always cleared. The car has done almost 130,000 miles. Geoff

Post #481851 25th Jun 2018 4:55pm
Baltic Blue

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Baltic Blue

Itโ€™s time to take the โ€œRunning In Please passโ€ sticker out of the back window now, or am I showing my age?. ๐Ÿš”๐Ÿš”๐Ÿš” G reg 2.5VM Vogue Portofino red 1991- 1999
V reg 2.5td P38 Rioja red 1999- 2006
53 reg td6 Vogue Oslo blue 2006- 2015
11 reg 4.4 TdV8 Vogue SE. Baltic blue 2015- date.
https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic56162...tty+affair

Post #481854 25th Jun 2018 5:31pm
MR GLOVER

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

Mine was playing up got fault code c1a10-64 (2e) like all good range rovers its being good now.................

Post #481856 25th Jun 2018 5:48pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

height sensor been knocked? ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO ฦŽ๊“•โˆ€๊“•O๊“ค PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #481862 25th Jun 2018 7:40pm
supershuttle

Indy just rang, you may be right Stan - sensor ordered for fitting tomorrow.
Fingers crossed Geoff

Post #482113 28th Jun 2018 5:31pm
supershuttle

Seems to be sorted, their Autologic said same as my IDTool - rear nearside height sensor - swapped it for a new one and now transmission fault gone. Geoff

Post #482210 29th Jun 2018 5:34pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

you can enjoy the weekend now Geoff... Thumbs Up ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO ฦŽ๊“•โˆ€๊“•O๊“ค PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #482211 29th Jun 2018 5:46pm
psgk

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

This is interesting, and grateful thanks to super shuttle and Stan for pointing the way to what the cause of my air suspension failure might be.

My Vogue MY2002 with just 65,000 miles on the clock and which I have owned for 13 years was returned to me by my local Main Dealer after having the front brake pipes replaced with the Air Suspension now totally inactive. Only cost me ยฃ1400 and me being fool, I thought the similar amount I paid for them to replace the brake pipes last year covered both front and rear. The MOT that was done by the MD while the car was with them for three months and one day in 2017 appeared to have missed the corroded front brake pipes!

Sorry having bit of a rant, it a long story as to why I had to use a LR MD in the first place

The Air Suspension appeared to be working fine when the car was delivered to their care but the "helpful" vehicle video health check identified a possible fault with the nearside front air spring which required further investigation.

The fault what ever it was, didn't appear to stop the air springs doing their job before but on picking up the car I got the Inactive Air Sus message and thought that the usual fix of turning the steering wheel lock to lock would clear it. It didn't.

Now permanently at access height and no lights on the switch.

The car has been back with the MD for five days now. I'm told a "hard re-set" might do the trick but they don't seem to know what this is and they are not interested other than taking another four figure sum from my bank account. I've not even had the courtesy of a phone call to update me as to what has caused this and what the solution might be.

It seems that nowadays its quite acceptable to return a vehicle with a major fault that did not exist before and this is classed as good customer service.

I've given up with them and will try and find a competent independent, (I've used Gratech in Heybridge, Essex in the past) to check the air springs and height sensors in case the MD has also disturbed other components in carrying out the repairs to the brakes.

If I have to replace an airspring or several, Delphi or Arnott appear to be reasonable replacements and much cheaper than LR branded units unless Dan can do a deal.
Thanks for listening, rant over! Peter Kemp
Chelmsford
UNITED KINGDOM

Range Rover Vogue MY2002 4.4l V8
Java Black
Charcoal Trim / Oxford Seats
Colour Coded: Door Handles, All Badging Front and Rear, Bonnet Vent, Foam A-Bar / Nudge Bar
Range Rover Style 11 20'' Wheels
US Spec Front Sidelight / Indicator Light Units / Rear Light Units (MY2005 Style)
Retro Fit Sony / Alpine RES
Various LED Light upgraded Interior / Exterior
Lower Rear Tailgate Gas Strut modification

Post #486466 18th Aug 2018 11:27am
DG17

High in the water

Hi I took my L322 td6 05 in to get a new airbag on offside front after picking it up have noticed it seems to be permanently in off road height yet it says standard-height according to the light tried to lower it it lowers to access height was working fine before the new air bag any suggestions will it be mega bucks to fix Big Cry Big Cry thanks in advance

Post #486918 23rd Aug 2018 1:40pm
psgk

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

Hi DG17,

Sorry to hear of your air suspension problems.

There's a new topic posted today, "Suspension Woes" which pinpoints possible sensor issues for these suspension height variations. Supershuttle appear to have solved his problem by refitting a sensor as mentioned in his earlier post. Worth checking them and the wiring out I would think.

The Land Rover MD who has my car is still investigating why its showing the Air Suspension Inactive message and agrees that what ever fault existed was present when the car was taken in for an oil leak to be repaired and the air suspension at that time appeared to be working perfectly.

They have said however, that if an air spring needs replacing, they are prepared to fit aftermarket parts in place of LR branded. That must be a first for a LR Main Dealer and this should save me a lot of money.

Another plus, they discovered why the rocker box gaskets keep failing. Increased crankcase pressure due to collapsed rubber pipework to the PCV. Something I told them could be a possible cause after seeing the write up in the Wiki.

Feeling a bit more positive about owning a FFRR now, until of course the next thing goes wrong!

Please let me know if you manage to trace the cause of your suspension height problems. Peter Kemp
Chelmsford
UNITED KINGDOM

Range Rover Vogue MY2002 4.4l V8
Java Black
Charcoal Trim / Oxford Seats
Colour Coded: Door Handles, All Badging Front and Rear, Bonnet Vent, Foam A-Bar / Nudge Bar
Range Rover Style 11 20'' Wheels
US Spec Front Sidelight / Indicator Light Units / Rear Light Units (MY2005 Style)
Retro Fit Sony / Alpine RES
Various LED Light upgraded Interior / Exterior
Lower Rear Tailgate Gas Strut modification

Post #486941 23rd Aug 2018 5:27pm
DG17

Thanks PSGโ€™s will have a look at the sensors and wires will let you know the outcome

Post #486951 23rd Aug 2018 7:03pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1