Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Dealership & Service Feedback > Stafford Land Rover My Feedback After Sales Service
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue
Stafford Land Rover My Feedback After Sales Service

Can everyone share any feedback ref buying cars from these please...

Many thanks in advance...

Last edited by Cam-Tech-Craig on 22nd Jul 2018 5:29pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #481940 26th Jun 2018 11:28pm
Scottyav

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Zambezi Silver

Not far from us used to know a service manager guy there been in a few times seem ok, about one minute off junction 14 of m6,tell us if you come up if you’ve time for a bite river pub just up the road 😉 _____________________________________________________
Zambezi silver Vogue Se unique Smile

Post #481944 27th Jun 2018 1:36am
Cam-Tech-Craig

Thanks Scott, will keep in touch Thumbs Up

Post #481994 27th Jun 2018 3:57pm
wealy

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Luxor

My neighbour buys all his cars from them, and he has had quite a few! I tried to buy a car from them a few years ago but they wouldn't give me anywhere near I wanted of my PX, so I walked away.

Post #482001 27th Jun 2018 4:49pm
Stephen.Gazard

2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Causeway Grey

Black Autobiography with SVO kit per chance Craig? Smile Stephen Gazard

Range Rover L405 Vogue SE SDV8 - CamTech / Overfinch Bespoke
Maserati GT 2017
Mercedes SL55 AMG

Aston Martin DB9 07 - gone back to friend bought from, RR Classic 90 - gone, BMW 840ci - gone, RR TDV8 Overfinch 07 - gone, Porsche 911 (996 Carrera 2 98 - gone, BMW X5 3.0sd M Sport 08 - gone, RR Sport 4.2 Supercharged 05 - gone, BMW M3 Convertible 02 - gone, Range Rover 4.4 Autobiography 03 - stolen!, Range Rover 4.6 Vogue 01 - gone, Range Rover 4.6 Autobiography - gone

Post #482023 27th Jun 2018 8:18pm
brian1951

2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey

Sales staff very good, sales manager will haggle a bit, service dept is not so good.

Post #482037 27th Jun 2018 9:36pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

Thank you all Thumbs Up

Oh and NO Stephen I'm not sir Whistle Thumbs Up

Post #482059 28th Jun 2018 12:44am
Cam-Tech-Craig

So, a little update...

We popped into the dealership on our way to the airport Thursday morning (a weeks holiday) and test drove the car! Suspension was banging and the brakes were shocking! 3 camera's didn't work, it had a cracked rear light and the wheels all needed a refurb! It stank like a 1970's ice cream van of overfueling diesel and finally there were a couple of carpark dents in the OS doors...

I agreed to purchase the car, a 2013 4.4 AB from these guys. I got them to agree to reduce the price and NOT do the carpark dints or the cracked rear lamp (as i have plenty of these) i also asked for them to leave the wheels as i will be replacing them! So with these jobs NOT needing doing i could negotiate a small price reduction and more importantly a full two year warranty rather than the one they were offering.

The car is Orkney Grey with Black interior and has a lot of extra's from new. This is why i wanted this car over and above most others I've seen in months of looking...

So, off on holiday we went, with the promise that "everything we noted will be rectified" and the car will be ready to collect on our return from holiday. I was promised an update the following Monday so i could make the necessary arrangements.

Getting updates from them as to when the jobs would be complete and the car would be ready to collect was a little frustrating to say the least! It took a stern email from my wife to get a response/ETA which would NOT be as expected on the Friday we returned from holiday! So another trip to the midlands would be necessary to collect her the following week!

I took the train up and was collected from the station. I collected the car and was away Thumbs Up

I was told the brakes only needed bleeding, the broken camera's had been replaced as had the broken suspension components! There was NO fault codes relating to the overfueling issue (the usual P040D i expected) was NOT showing! Great i thought, must just need a run to clean out the DPF as its been shunted around here for a while! The car has been MOT'd as it only had 8 months left! Sniggering ODD! And we have serviced it for you sir...

I drove home and the first thing i wanted to do was to change the wheels (as they bothered my OCD side Whistle )
This is what i found on removing the wheels... (please bear in mind i had just driven this 200 miles so the corrosion across the front discs faces REALLY WORRIED ME)

REAR PADS

Click image to enlarge

FRONT PADS
Click image to enlarge

FRONT DISC CORROSION
Click image to enlarge

REAR PADS
Click image to enlarge

INNER FRONT DISC
Click image to enlarge

I then plugged the car into my IID as i was suspicious now! Surprise surprise! This is what i found Rolling Eyes

Click image to enlarge

I then noticed the roof spoiler had been jet washed and an amount of the lacquer had been removed! (this was perfect when i inspected the car a week previously) as we noted EVERY mark!

And finally, in checking through the rest of the car i found a ring was missing on the rear heater controls!

Click image to enlarge

I then checked the Air Filter and it was FILTHY! & there was NO washer fluid in the tank! Some service that was!

A phone call was made to Phil Cole the salesman i had dealt with. I emailed the pictures at the same time so he could view them whilst i was on the phone. He appeared horrified and said he would speak to the service manager and call me back at 10am the following morning! I rang them at 2pm! Rolling Eyes to be told he was busy and would call me back. The service manager called me 30mins later to say...

"i have the job card in my hand and this tells me the front brake pads have +6mm of wear left and the discs were in exalent condition, the rear pads have +5mm of wear left! There is/was NO engine fault code present"

I asked him if he had seen the pictures i have sent Phil Cole and he said "YES! But, i have a job card and it tells me the above information" he then went silent! "so, you would be happy in my situation?" i said... He chose not to answer and said he would have the Used Car Manager ring me...

The Used Car Manager rang me 20mins later with NO apology! Just a simple choice! Return us the car and we will refund you or the other option was "i will NOT SPEND £1 more on this vehicle sir!" end of! So if you are unhappy, return the car for a refund!

Now, for me to replace the discs and pads and change the manifold probe (P040D code and stinky exhaust) will cost £300-£400 so not the end of the world! And its what i intend to do! as i love the car and it ticks every one of my boxes i wanted...

But as for the way i have been treated by Stafford LR and still to this day have not heard back from my salesman Phil Cole i think is disgusting and they should be named and shamed!

Anyones/everyones feedback would be appreciated... Thumbs Up

Post #484055 22nd Jul 2018 5:12pm
counter of beans

England 2012 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

Ah Craig, I feel your frustration; how annoying!
If it was me I'd return for a refund, if only because I cannot tolerate people that lie - which they clearly have done in this case -it's unacceptable.
Main dealer franchises (JLR are not alone in this) have a cosy local monopoly and will say and do anything to get a sale. The moral of the tale is - trust no-one, and certainly don't rely on ANY "approved used" schemes - they mean nothing.

I'm a firm believer in a private purchase from a forum member Wink

Post #484078 22nd Jul 2018 10:20pm
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black

Thanks CoB Thumbs Up

Fortunately, Craig has the ways and means to fettle the lot 👍🏻

Why did you have to negotiate a 2 year warranty Criaig, I thought all A.U cars had the 2 year warranty?

Can't comment on the dealership in question, however, based on my experience of buying 3 A.U Range Rovers in 5 years, A.U main dealers should be more accountable:

Overstating the condition and/ or what they will do by way of pre collection remedial work is not uncommon. There seems little to stop them doing so.

Much is made of bold A.U LR pledges such as ‘peace of mind' and 'If you can tell it’s used it’s not LR approved’; and yet, if things are not right and/or they don’t carry out work they said they would (or to the standard expected) they often quote 'the ‘age and mileage of the vehicle’.

When LRCS is called upon regarding any A.U disputes, again, they present as impotent, pointing out that it’s a used car and the contract is between the customer and the seller.

Yes, they are used cars and perhaps can’t be expected to be as new. Therefore, LR and their dealerships should not, in their marketing material and/ or their sales dialogue, overstate what buying approved used means.

Last edited by pld118 on 23rd Jul 2018 4:31pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #484083 22nd Jul 2018 10:55pm
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

Craig, you are obviously infinitely more knowledgeable than I am, but is the problem not with the calipers rather than the discs and pads here? Your test drive did show the brakes to be poor.

Are you a 'trade buyer' in this context (so different rules apply to dealing with you as opposed to a consumer)? I'm not making excuses for them. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #484155 23rd Jul 2018 3:18pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

IMHO the issue is cheap rubbish Euro Car Parts Textar brake pads which have worn down & overheated to the point of breaking up! Therefore the corrosion that has spread across the cheap rubbish brake discs cannot even be cleaned off when driving normally... Proof that cheap brakes are exactly what they say on the tin! Cheap!

Its well known that I'm an advocate for using genuine parts and this is a simple case in point!

Oh and NO i did not buy the car as "trade" i purchased the car as a retail customer... The same as any other sir Thumbs Up

Post #484167 23rd Jul 2018 4:55pm
mpirie

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

It''s a shame you couldn't have returned the car for a refund, then offered to buy it from them at a reduced price Whistle

Mike

Post #484250 24th Jul 2018 7:15pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

Mike, i think to be honest they would rather have the car back in and sell it again! But next time for more money!They sold it too cheap was there response last time! Whistle Rolling Eyes

Post #484265 24th Jul 2018 10:01pm
Scottyav

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Zambezi Silver

I'm near so I can call in and see this guy and tell him a few home truths if you want mate and would have great pleasure! I don't mind sitting out the front with the pictures and a banner depicting the quality of their work. Thumbs Up _____________________________________________________
Zambezi silver Vogue Se unique Smile

Post #484328 25th Jul 2018 7:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>