Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Dealership & Service Feedback > Land Rover Approved worst dealership award !!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
Robvader

United Kingdom 

I am hoping so, just wish I hadn't dealt with the dealer I did, its made the whole situ feel stressful ;(

Post #482055 27th Jun 2018 11:21pm
Fleagle_UK

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

once you get your cash back - please name and shame them!

When I bought my FF last november, I travelled over 200 miles. On collection day they had screwed up sorting out the personalised plate they should have put on. Consequently, they claimed they were unable to road tax the vehicle for me. But they said and I quote "you'll be fine driving it home sir, tax it when you get your v5 document, just explain to the police what has happened if you get stopped" Shocked Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

....and this is what LR main dealers are telling their customers... Censored

Post #482100 28th Jun 2018 2:59pm
counter of beans

England 2012 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

In the interests of balance, friends of mine have had 1) an excellent experience with JLR in Southampton, and 2) major problems with Audi in Portsmouth. Seems to me that it's more about the individual dealership (often, how the dealer principal runs "his" dealership) than the manufacturer brand.

Post #482102 28th Jun 2018 3:56pm
Rosco

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Baltic Blue

Robvader wrote:
Thanks for your reply, I do really like the car and it took months to find it, I am just really fed up with how I have been treated and the sales manager is a cocky T34t !!!

I do not really want them to fix the car, I don't trust them. I would be happy for my local dealer to repair it as I do trust them, I am sure I am in my rights to say where it is repaired no matter what It costs the selling dealer.

Just my tuppence worth, I have bought 2 cars from LR Main Dealers, 1 from a Mercedes Main dealer and ! from a Subaru Main Dealer.

Now maybe not politically correct BUT everyone was a tw&t . My Discovery was crashed (which they initially denied) as was the Subaru. My L322 had so many problems I did 15000 miles in their hire car, I can't even begin to talk about Mercedes. I won't use a main dealer again, they are absolutely shocking....... Yawn

Post #482121 28th Jun 2018 7:55pm
Robvader

United Kingdom 

Well I escalated this to Land Rover UK today, they were not happy to hear the car had visible damage and agreed the car would not pass as Land Rover Approved as such ! They rang the dealership to speak to the main manager but he is off until Monday, funnily he has been off the last two weeks while the T@£t of a business manager has been stressing me out !

I have rejected the car, Matford said there could possibly be suspension damage on the car as the spare wheel was so badly damaged and the front bumper.

As soon as I have my money back and hopefully compensation for my wasted time and stress I will name and shame and hope none of you buy the car as I am sure they will have it straight back up for sale !!!

So I'm on the hunt again ;( I would still really like to get a full fat Autobiography but hopefully this time from a better dealership.

Post #482129 28th Jun 2018 9:39pm
Huwrhys

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

250 miles from Devon I would guess it's likely to be the same dealership as mine. I'll await your refund and my paintwork job before naming and shaming.

Post #482155 29th Jun 2018 8:12am
nicedayforit

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Giverny Green

I would never suggest buying any car unseen but having seen the bumper and wing appeared to have been repainted I would have been out of the dealership pronto.
Always remember car salesmen and so called sales executives are nothing more than market traders in suits who always want to be your best friend until you have paid up then wouldn't even look at you in the street if you passed them.
When you go to pickup a car, go in old clothes so that you can go over and under it in detail before parting with the readies.

Post #482170 29th Jun 2018 10:29am
Mr Tee

Scotland 

Unseen in the flesh, is unseen. Must say 250 miles, lightweight . I did 900 mile round trip for my last one Rolling with laughter Whistle Thumbs Up

Post #482172 29th Jun 2018 10:35am
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

nicedayforit wrote:
Always remember car salesmen and so called sales executives are nothing more than market traders in suits who always want to be your best friend until you have paid up then wouldn't even look at you in the street if you passed them.

A bit harsh - there are undoubtedly many who fit that, but there are also some good ones out there - the tone is very definitely set from the top of the dealership & the type of people they employ.

I drove 250 miles each way to buy my last one and couldn't have been happier with the salesman, the service I received or the car - I bought mine from Matfords in Exeter

The salesman knew the car and answered every question I asked without hesitation & accurately - when I collected, it was all ready, exactly as described & he even insisted on filling the drinks cooler in the arm rest with cans of soda for my trip home.

Post #482175 29th Jun 2018 10:58am
dolph34

Ireland 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

+1 For car dealers , the guy I buy mine off couldn't be more helpful and I only buy every couple of years. Like every walk of life you get good and bad, seems on this occasion you didn't get ' good. 2015 4.4 AB
GSXR 1000 K5
R1 1998

Post #482177 29th Jun 2018 11:40am
Robvader

United Kingdom 

Mr Tee wrote:
Unseen in the flesh, is unseen. Must say 250 miles, lightweight . I did 900 mile round trip for my last one Rolling with laughter Whistle Thumbs Up

It was meant to be Land Rover Approved, the sale was subject to me seeing the car, when I pointed out the damage they agreed for Matford to repair it then changed their minds due to cost. It wasn't 250, the round trip as I had to drop friends back to Cornwall was nearer 650 so no way light weight !!! also I did a 700 mile round trip to collect my 911 last year so distance is not a problem, dealing with rubbish sales manager is !!!!!

Post #482221 29th Jun 2018 9:24pm
Robvader

United Kingdom 

Unnecessary quote removed

Matfords is an extremely good dealership, I've had dealings with them for years, they just couldn't find me a car with the spec I wanted !! but lessons learnt for me, they are now looking for one and no matter how long it takes I will wait for them to find me one or possibly just order a new one with everything I want Wink

Post #482223 29th Jun 2018 9:27pm
counter of beans

England 2012 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

Robvader, you mention Porsche 911 - exactly the same issue there I think (I have a FFRR and a 911). Some dealers (RSJ, Dovehouse and 9 Excellence for example) are beyond criticism, but then you have others including main dealer OPC's that have a terrible reputation.
Sounds like you'll have to be patient but Matford appears to be one of the good ones.

Post #482240 30th Jun 2018 8:30am
Robvader

United Kingdom 

So the car is going back, the brand manager at the dealership contacted me yesterday, guess what my wasted time is worth a measly £100,,, and I had to really push for that ! ;(((( shocking !!!! I get the feeling a near £60000 customer is worth nothing ;( Car being picked up on Monday and before they give me my money back they have to inspect the car to make sure its exactly like it left their showroom,,,,,damaged !!! jokers ;( .

What really upsets me is that if I hadn't spotted the damage and did a week later they would have said the car met all of Land Rovers Appoved check list and could have said I had damaged it and had it badly repaired ;(

Ive learnt from this, Land Rover Approved does not give you any protection as dealers do as they feel and think everyone forgot to go to speck savers !!!

I am looking again but only with Matford, I'm also thinking maybe I should just change brands, I visited Porsche last week as so upset with it all, the salesman without me pointing out the damage saw it straight away !!! I'm now being offered some great deals on a brand new Porsche Wink

Land Rover Dealership 1,,, customer 0 they won ;( Thinking of the best way to spend the £100 compensation,,,, ;(

Post #482555 3rd Jul 2018 11:28pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

as the forum has helped you vent your frustrations, donate the £100 here.. Arrow ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #482569 4th Jul 2018 7:10am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>