Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Door Open showing in message centre
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Full Fat Ray

Wales 2006 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Bonatti Grey
Door Open showing in message centre

I get a 'door open' message in the message centre when driving.

The front passenger door is the cause of the problem, when it is opened the interior lights do not come on, also it will not lock or unlock on the key fob. It can be opened manually from inside and outside the car.

I am assuming it won't lock or unlock because the sensor is telling the car the door is open. I understand that the door open / closed state is detected by a hall effect sensor in the latch assembly. I have had the door card off, power supply to the door control module is fine and I couldn't find any loose or broken connectors anywhere.

Happy to replace the latch assembly if this is the cause of the problem, but don't want to do this if the problem might be due to something else.

Prior to the issue occurring, on odd occasions when unlocking the car the button on the front passenger door would not 'pop' up, but re-locking the car and trying again usually got it to work after one or two attempts.

I have searched on here for similar issues, but can't find a post which matches my symptoms.

Grateful for any advice - has anyone else seen a similar issue? 2006 (56 Reg) 4.4 V8 Vogue In Bonatti Grey (Gorgeous!!)

Post #482870 7th Jul 2018 10:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1