Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > iTunes help please!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
bishbosh10

United Kingdom 
iTunes help please!

Evening all.

So we are heading off in the Full Fat next week for 10 days in France and [shudder] there will be two 9 year olds in the back.

Being the organised type, SWMBO has purchased an audio book from iTunes for the ankle biters to enjoy. However, for us to be able to listen to it in the RR it needs to be in MP3 format. Currently it is in protected AAC format and as I am unlikely to need to do it again, I don't want to pay a lot of cash for a converter - there are plenty of them about but the trial versions only give you 3 minutes - not a lot of use for an 8 hour book! Very HappyVery Happy

So, my question to the illustrious assembled readership is does anyone have a converter and would they be willing to convert this book? Forum donation if we can make this work!

Thanks all! Bish.

2005 110 TD5 CSW
2011 TDV8 Vogue SE (gone)

Post #484009 21st Jul 2018 9:07pm
A1GSS

England 

Can you select the file in iTunes then click File / Convert / Create MP3 Version...? Graham

____
Gone: 10MY L320 RR Sport HSE, Ipanema Sand
Gone: 20MY Jaguar iPace HSE, Silicon Silver
Gone: 17MY RR Evoque SE Tech, Loire Blue
Gone: 08MY Discovery 3 XS, Stornoway Grey
Gone: 07MY FFRR TDV8 Vogue, Stornoway Grey

Post #484018 21st Jul 2018 10:04pm
bishbosh10

United Kingdom 

Nope - not allowed for some reason. I can go through the steps but it says not allowed for itunes store purchases? Bish.

2005 110 TD5 CSW
2011 TDV8 Vogue SE (gone)

Post #484020 21st Jul 2018 10:43pm
Joe90

England 

Just load it on a phone (an iPhone) and play it back through the AUX IN ?

Or if you have the time, record it "analog" style in real time on a PC (record what you hear) to mp3 .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #484021 21st Jul 2018 11:19pm
Beausoleil

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

Have you tried Any Audio Converter?

https://www.any-audio-converter.com/aac-to-mp3-converter.php

I just discovered it after a quick search but it's a free download and seems to work. I acted as a guinea pig to make sure I wouldn't be selling you a bum steer and, although I didn't have anything longer than 10 minutes to convert, it did the job perfectly well. One warning. Take the usual precautions with freeware and choose a custom installation (bottom right). If you're happy with the default destination displayed and choose 'install', you will next be faced with two panels within which you should again choose the custom option on each side in order to uncheck the boxes agreeing to the annoying anti-virus trial, pc scan and a change to your default browser. Once you open the installed program, simply select the output file type (mp3 was way down the extensive drop-down list) and click the settings icon if you want to change the default output destination.

For some reason, I wasn't able to drag and drop my file but could easily navigate to it via the add file button. There's also an add URL button too, so it looks like it will also convert streamed content.

Another method might have been to burn a CD in iTunes and convert that. Any Audio Converter has an option to convert CDs and also videos, which suggests to me that it must accept reasonably large files.

Post #484026 22nd Jul 2018 3:40am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1