Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Air Suspension Inactive
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Gerry

United Kingdom 
Air Suspension Inactive

My Air Suspension has dropped at the front on both sides. I took it to a garage and they could not communicate with it. They said it might be the Relay switch. I ordered one and will see if it works on Monday or Tuesday. There are no lights on the panel iside which tells me it is electrical. Can anyone give me help on this. Also what is a hard fault? and how to fix it.

Thank you Gerry

Post #484507 28th Jul 2018 11:16am
Joe90

England 

Welcome to the forum Very Happy

A hard fault is one that needs resetting with a diagnostic tool. This is usually evidenced by a lack of EAS lights on the dash! so not an electrical problem per say.

What diagnostic tool did the garage use? A Solus or Autologic should be able to cope, but if not an iiDTool will do it. If they could not communicate at all, check the diagnostic fuse/s in the front fuse box.

This fault also needs reading for the code to help identify the problem. From what you say, not heard of issues with relays, but more likely a leaking air bag or faulty height sensor. The car will seek to level itself when asleep, hence why both sides are down at the front. You can do a visual check on the height sensors to see if anything has come apart.

Also please complete your profile so we know what type and year of FFRR you have.. Thumbs Up .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #484511 28th Jul 2018 12:30pm
Gerry

United Kingdom 

Hi Joe thank you so much for your reply. Do you think because of the age of the car I should replace the ride height sensors as they are cheap and my friend says he can do this no problem. The garage used a laptop and not a proper tool. He also had a snap on diagnostic computer but neither worked. I have checked all the fuses in the glove box and all working. If the ride height sensor was broken or faulty in some way would this cause the lights rot go out and drop at the front? Also because both sides are even and dropped i assume it would not be the air bags as both of them to fail at the same time would be rare. Am I right in thinking this?

Thank you Gerry

Post #484553 28th Jul 2018 6:32pm
Joe90

England 

I/We still do not know what car you have!!

See my previous post regarding why both sides have dropped, and why the "lights" have gone out.

Front height sensors are not cheap! Usually @ £60 per side for original equipment - best to get these.

Diagnosing the hard fault will point you in the right direction as to what is wrong. Once the fault is diagnosed and cleared, the car should "rise up" (or at least try), you can then check for leaks. .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #484557 28th Jul 2018 6:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1