Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > air suspension inactive?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Joe90

England 

I have Torque Pro as well good for reading general faults (any car), but won't go anywhere near all the specific FFRR ECUs - e.g. the Air Suspension! .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #484920 1st Aug 2018 4:32pm
Northern lad

England 

Thanks Joe
Totally understood, by the way I tried the full lock thing, no joy I'm afraid but worth a go

I might give the AA a shout, to see what they can offer, I'll update later

regards

Steve 2003 Vogue 4.4 petrol, silver 126k on clock when I got her

Post #484973 2nd Aug 2018 6:34am
Northern lad

England 

just a thought that occurred to me yesterday, is this problem an MOT fail?

Regards

Post #485199 5th Aug 2018 5:33am
Northern lad

England 

Hi All

Just a quick update, I had to call the AA out yesterday, as my battery was completely flat (to many short trips!) anyway while he was there I asked would he mind putting his diagnostic bit of kit on her, to clarify exactly what the prob was with the suspension, BINGO Thumbs Up he reset the fault and now its working again, he said it could be a leaking bag (listened couldn't hear anything) I tend to think its not a leaking bag, because she slowly lost height over the period of a couple of months, until she was riding on the bump stops. he then suggested it could be a Valve that protects the compressor, which had shut it off, but did not reset its self, it certainly looks like the compressor is working fine Happy days! so its just a case of waiting to see if the fault reappears. Incidentally can any one tell me does the compressor make a sound (sounds like an electric motor just whirring rather than actually pumping) all the time? or should it be silent once the car is at ride height?
here is the report, if it highlights anything for you

Started your vehicle, tested your battery, charging system and tested for electrical drains. Your battery was found to be unserviceable and requires replacement. Patrol found the following fault code/s:System : Chassis/steering - B64 / Air suspension 1.0 Status :118 - Air suspension pressure accumulator. Error Message : Pressure drop on filling. Reservoir pressure drops when filling.. Have your battery replaced immediately. If you switch it off the engine may not restart.

Regards

Post #495603 15th Nov 2018 8:08am
Joe90

England 

Sounds like your compressor has had it!

A Bagpipe Andy repair kit might buy you some time, but the inevitable will come one day.

If it running all the time then it is either not generating enough pressure to fill the tank (reservoir) and will eventually stop due to the overheat control, or you do have a leak somewhere. .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #495687 15th Nov 2018 9:42pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12