Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > How reliable are current model RRs?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 9 <123456789>
Print this entire topic · 
CUE99T

Scotland 

Best of luck Red, I'm sure sensible people will see sense in the end. After all isn't it about purely relationships when it becomes a face to face matter. Fingers crossed for you mate. all smug in my new plug!

2021 Westminster Black D300
2013 Vogue SE - gone
Some Porsche Cayenne guff pretending to be a 4x4!!
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #489375 20th Sep 2018 8:29am
John w

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography Black TDV8 Barolo Black

Good luck for this afternoon Red.

Watching with interest to see how this pans out. Too many toys, not enough time

2011 4.4 TDV8 AB Black

Post #489412 20th Sep 2018 1:06pm
Red Merle

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Thank you both Thumbs Up

Unfortunately, it’s not gone well. There’s no still no reply from Land Rover on either a fix, or a whether they’ll even discuss a replacement. We are no further forward. I suspect they may be about to dig their heels in.

What really concerns me is that I’m beginning to get the impression this is just another day at LR and they really could not give a damn.

From being such a loyal customer, I’m feeling very upset and let down this afternoon Sad

Post #489413 20th Sep 2018 1:39pm
stillrunning

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Hi mate,
gutted it hasn't gone well for you. Banging Head Banging Head
I have been there about the feelings your feelings on LR. The only bonus for me is I have got what I wanted. My biggest issue will be if the new one is the same, then we can throw ourselves off a cliff together.
If you haven't already i would be saying the car is not fit for purpose etc. as they cannot say if the repair when available will fix the car.
Steve

Post #489415 20th Sep 2018 2:06pm
Red Merle

Thanks Steve.

I’m feeling pretty shattered and disillusioned at the minute. How things can change so quickly from by such a positive post about LR, just a couple of pages (and less than 100 miles ago), by such a shockingly disinterested reaction to a customer in need of help. Big Cry

Post #489417 20th Sep 2018 3:10pm
AndyS

United Kingdom 

What a bunch of tossers, sorry to hear that and it must be incredibly frustrating for you.

Maybe get the papers involved, I don't know how to make LR stand up and listen. If it was running I'd dump it at their entrance at Solihull and cause as much disruption as possible to both alert the press and bring attention to their lack of customer service.

Post #489419 20th Sep 2018 3:42pm
Red Merle

I really appreciate the support here Thumbs Up

Sadly (for LR), the service that I have received on mine and a colleague has on their DS has just lost them a sale to Mercedes this week Sad He was keen to see how today turned out, but he's probably more annoyed about it than I am now Evil or Very Mad

It seems that delays of 1 or 2 months while cars are off the road are not considered unusual by LR and asking for a replacement gets me viewed as an optimistic chancer, who's simply after a freebie. Their desperate lack of appropriate loan cars probably speaks volumes (despite looking for nearly 4 weeks, they have yet to find me a Land Rover of any kind, not even a “novelty” Evoque!)

I can't believe that my LR obsession might just be about to come to a very sad end Big Cry Big Cry

Post #489420 20th Sep 2018 4:44pm
MJGH

My understanding from one of the earlier posts is the problem relates to a sensor and some wiring.
Also it is a rare problem not relevant to most similar vehicles.
Surely it must be possible to take the required parts off either a new or late used vehicle to get RM's car mobile or am I being naïve and missing something?
The original poster on this thread was a potential L405 buyer looking for assurance before purchasing.
I strongly suspect that purchase is dead in the water?

Post #489425 20th Sep 2018 5:47pm
Red Merle

The “sensor and some wiring” may be more significant than you might imagine. LR quote a time of 7 hours to replace the sensor and the associated loom (I believe the part is very expensive too!) and they won’t authorise the replacement (or pay the dealer) until a revised part is designed, tested, manufactured, stocked and a service bulletin released. 4 1/2 weeks later, we have no idea when this will be. It might be next week, it might be 6 months away. Lord knows.

I really am sorry about the OP. As someone who was a dedicated LR fan for many years, it now feels completely alien to write ill of LR, but this car was the most I have ever spent on anything (houses included) and was meant to be my own ultimate car owning achievement Very Happy To be treated like someone who’s bought a £500 car from a bomb site dealer makes me want to scream! Censored

Post #489426 20th Sep 2018 6:26pm
peanutbob

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

But if one has to allow the dealer a reasonable amount of time to repair the car under the Consumer Rights Act, (and what is a reasonable amount of time?) whilst the manufacturer might be working on a fix in the indeterminate future, if the problem is currently unfixable, then they cannot fix the problem. As you will be aware the seller is allowed one attempt to rectify the problem, so maybe it would be worth writing to them and stating that they have x amount of days being a reasonable amount of time to repair the car, or refund the paid amount, or offer another vehicle of identical specification. A timescale has to be identified otherwise in theory it could go on for an endless period.

Post #489429 20th Sep 2018 7:17pm
Red Merle

Thanks Thumbs Up

It was raised as a formal complaint with the finance company 7 days ago, although they have up to 56 days to respond.

I take your point, but I will have to take further legal advice tomorrow as to exactly which party I should now be dealing with and how much, if any, time I should be giving them.

Post #489433 20th Sep 2018 7:31pm
socialrover

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography SDV6 Santorini Black

I stand in solidarity with you Red , it is so so frustrating to hear about your treatment from LR .Basic customer service is all that is asked for .How do these incompetent morons sleep at night and which moron hired people of such low sincerity in the first place .
Wrong wrong wrong attitude .

Post #489435 20th Sep 2018 7:53pm
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

Phew, very disappointing.

If you are on a lease type deal then you are paying £x a month, being the value of a 405, but are in fact having to drive something inferior (lease cost presumably a fraction of £x). While the outright buyer might have to put up with a long delay in getting a repair done, (when the rejection remedy is not available) I wonder whether the finance company has the risk in this case, i.e. is obliged to provide a car to the value of your payments if your own car cannot be fixed in a reasonable time. I'd say once you are over a month it's getting "unreasonable".

And I'd look at escalating within LR, I recall a thread on here where someone had email addresses of people higher up and that seemed helpful in that case, maybe can be found with searching.

Good luck. Alas when I was exasperated with poor reliability (both 322s) I struggled to find anything better... Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #489436 20th Sep 2018 7:54pm
Red Merle

Thanks. I’m needing a bit of solidarity at the minute Sad

Post #489437 20th Sep 2018 7:55pm
Red Merle

@CS: Thanks.

We’ve got such mixed feelings at the moment. We love the car, we are (we’re?) LR enthusiasts through and through and that is (was?) the family wagon the we all wanted. It’s hard to find anything else. It’s just that the factory support and even LR Assist have deteriorated to such a level that it leaves me questioning my own sanity for dealing with them. It wasn’t this bad even a year ago.

My car’s on a PCP, with a massive deposit. It had always been the hope to buy it at the end. I’ve got some options to get to work on, though I need to concentrate on my day job tomorrow, having just lost another half working day on this today.

Post #489438 20th Sep 2018 8:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 9 <123456789>