Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Orders (L405) > New Vogue SE ordered!!! VERY EXCITED!!!!
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
nubbin

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

nubbin wrote:
Final spec went in yesterday. I'm currently being quoted a handover date of 28th. November. Sad

The sales guy was telling me that there are so many orders for high-spec Vogue SE cars that they are suspending/slowing AB production to cope with demand. Sorry all you AB buyers!

I can see the logic in that, but if there's so much stock around, why can't I have my new build sooner? Laughing

Damn this waiting around!! Big Cry

Post #491287 7th Oct 2018 9:59am
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Makes no sense to me

An AB or a VSE is just an options pack with a bit of a discount vs adding all the options to a Vogue - every car is built to order so there's no logic to slowing down AB's in preference to VSE's - unless I'm missing something Confused

Post #491290 7th Oct 2018 10:22am
nubbin

ABs still have a premium even when speccing a Vogue SE to the same level - works out at about £7-10k difference, so folks like me with a budget in mind will keep the extra cash for fuel, Gap insurance, fancy mats, shiny extra bits etc etc (or are those last ones just me getting over-excited?!!) Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post #491407 8th Oct 2018 10:11am
AndyS

United Kingdom 

AndyS wrote:
More like too much stock around or slowing the lines due to lack of orders. My local dealer was well down in September so maybe this is the truth rather than the conspiracy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45785229

Told you so !! Whistle Whistle Razz

Post #491459 8th Oct 2018 5:33pm
stillrunning

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Maybe getting the product right first time might help Banging Head Banging Head

Post #491463 8th Oct 2018 6:01pm
nubbin

Very excited has now turned to very angry! E-mailed my dealer today and asked about the factory stoppage, and was told my order now has a "Stopped build" order on it! F**kin B*s*ards!! 46% drop in sales so what is their response? Stop guaranteed customer orders in the UK so the workers can have a f**kin paid holiday!! Why not build the existing customer orders and THEN take a f*ckin break in production?! Not even an email to notify the customer stumping up their hard-earned cash for a supposedly dream purchase!!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

(...deep breath...)

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Post #491925 11th Oct 2018 9:39pm
Red Merle

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

nubbin wrote:
ABs still have a premium even when speccing a Vogue SE to the same level - works out at about £7-10k difference, so folks like me with a budget in mind will keep the extra cash for fuel, Gap insurance, fancy mats, shiny extra bits etc etc (or are those last ones just me getting over-excited?!!) Laughing Laughing Laughing

If only that were possible, I’d have saved a load of money Sad As it was, I only wanted the leather dash and door cards from the AB, but these weren’t even available as an option on the SE.

Post #491936 12th Oct 2018 5:05am
Red Merle

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

I feel your frustration on the order delay; such is the complex sequencing of production and delivery of components, in production order, on a just in time basis, that it’s probably impossible to re-sequence production to achieve what you need.

Those factory workers on their two week paid holiday will, likely as not, be spending a large part of it worrying about their job security.

I agree that a letter from LR to let you know that it was happening and why, would have been a much better way of finding out.

Post #491937 12th Oct 2018 5:13am
stillrunning

gutted for you, hope its gets sorted
Steve

Post #491945 12th Oct 2018 7:25am
nubbin

Thanks chaps - I'm not getting at the workers, it just seems a bit counter-intuitive to stop production when there are plenty of customers still wanting their cars. It feels like the wading-through-treacle experience I often get when trying to deal with the labyrinthine catacomb that is NHS management - a constant feeling that no-one actually understands their role, no-one feels safe to make a decision, nor comprehends that at the service end, there are real people waving and asking politely to be served...

Anyway I rang LR customer Services this morning, and spoke a somewhat matey and slightly condescending chap who is tasking another chap to look in to why my car has a stop build order on it. Should hear something next week.

Post #491970 12th Oct 2018 2:12pm
DMRR

South Africa 2009 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Stornoway Grey

We ordered 3 last time, mine came first, then my mates a few weeks later... then silence. Gave them a few weeks and called.

"We've lost it" .... Order was reloaded and new vehicle built (another THREE MONTHS wait!).

That was when they were in full flow as well Rolling with laughter Land Rover Addict
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Previous
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
2009 5.0V8SC Autobiography
2006 4.2V8SC Autobiography
2004 4.4V8 Vogue

Post #491972 12th Oct 2018 2:17pm
Huwrhys

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

For a company who is meant to be up to the minute they really know how to screw people around. This seems to be both the manufacturers and the dealers.
We don't stand a chance as end users. Shame that the product is so good when it works otherwise we could all get on with our lives without all the heartache.
Big Cry

Post #491977 12th Oct 2018 2:45pm
stillrunning

Not good chaps, for a premium brand car, you would think the cost of these cars everything would be spot on

Post #492076 13th Oct 2018 10:19am
nubbin

Latest news is now an ETA on 14th. December, but could even slip back to February! If that turns out to be the case, I will probably cancel my order, spec up an AB with all the trimmings, and wait until the next plate change. Or buy an ex-demo of the right spec....

Post #492711 17th Oct 2018 11:30pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

The concern with nearly new is that the supply constraints are causing late used cars to have very high asking prices. Sometimes worthless a premium if asking prices are to be believed. That won’t feel great, especially if the value tanks in 2 years time with L460 launch. In other words, holding out for a delayed VSE might not be so crazy.

Post #492714 18th Oct 2018 4:30am
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>