Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > So close
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
ajac8

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Baltic Blue

.... but we still keep buying them!!

Not sure it does any good to be directly rude to anyone though. 405 AB exec seats Baltic and Cirrus
93 RR Classic efi

Remember it's easier to get forgiveness than permission!

Gone in order:
4.4 TDV8 SE - gone to a good home
93 Classic hard dash Plymouth Blue
03 L322 Oslo Blue
2000 Disco TD5 ES Epsom Green
98 P38 Rioja Red
89 Classic Cairngorm Brown

Post #492581 16th Oct 2018 7:01pm
DMRR

South Africa 2009 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Stornoway Grey

I have had a lot of issues with Main Dealers but they have never been rude. Customers in front of me have been rude. Customers behind me have barged in front of me and been rude. I think sometimes it's about attitude and expectation. Just because I look like a long haired layabout I was once barged out of the way by a gentlemen in plus fours who was dropping off his Freelander and complaining they had given him a Jaguar as a loaner. I was dropping my 4 week old 5 litre SC off for a minor issue and could not get a loan car so I organised a lift.

The staff dealt with it and he was still unhappy. He was one of those that thinks the world owes him the moon on a stick. I am realistic and understand everyone goes home after work and will either reflect on a good day or be affected by someone making out they can't do their jobs.

We are all human. Land Rover Addict
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Previous
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
2009 5.0V8SC Autobiography
2006 4.2V8SC Autobiography
2004 4.4V8 Vogue

Post #492590 16th Oct 2018 8:10pm
Dixy

2016 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Loire Blue

Not quite sure why you think I was Rude to them, I accept that I am rude about them letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #492598 16th Oct 2018 8:44pm
DMRR

It's the way you portray attitude - I'm not saying you are rude but re-read your posts. If my RR went into limp mode - I would call LR assist first as they are my recovery/roadside assist solution. The dealer is the second point of contact after the problem has been assessed. You don't expect the 'WI' to jump into a car and sort your issue do you??? Land Rover Addict
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Previous
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
2004 4.4V8 Vogue

Post #492599 16th Oct 2018 8:49pm
Dixy

L R Assist told me they could do nothing and I should take it to the dealer. The WI were too busy to phone me back but when I get to the dealership they are just killing time. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #492608 16th Oct 2018 10:08pm
DMRR

Dixy wrote:
This morning having just left home to go to an important meeting it goes in to limp home mode.
This is why it should have gone in a week ago.
Phoned the dealer whilst limping along, service dept too busy to take your call.
40 minutes later they leave a voice mail saying speak to Land Rover assist. Why? so they can leave me with a cleared fault and tell me to take it to the dealer.
Phoned again when I got out of meeting, guess what, Too busy to take your call, still waiting for a call back.

Doesn't mention ringing LR Assist there - so you are portraying the dealership in a bad light when it's LR Assist that are the bad guys????? Facts don't ring true here. Land Rover Addict
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Previous
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
2004 4.4V8 Vogue

Post #492616 16th Oct 2018 10:52pm
Dixy

Nothing inaccurate in your statement. I did not ring LR Assist yesterday. The car had not broken down it had gone in to limp home.
LR assist had been out to the vehicle, diagnosed the fault and said it needed to go to the dealer imediately as they could not fix it.
The dealer had said it would be fine until the 23rd, it was not.
At what point should I use a dealer and at what point should I use LRA. I take the view LRA is it wont safely move itself to the dealer, eg engine wont run. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #492633 17th Oct 2018 7:55am
Dixy

Anyone that put money on me getting it back today will be disappointed.
I do not expect them to wave a magic wand, I think it reasonable for them to communicate with me.
Phoned this morning at 11, sorry very busy will get to it when we can, phoned at 4.30 no one available in service dep they will phone you back.
No one phoned so phoned at 5.30, very good receptionist physically went and found someone to speak to me, he told me to phone LR assist.
Phone LR assist, nice lady says if it is in limp home and you take it to the dealer following a previous call out they should organise it with LR assist.
Went back to the dealer, same helpful receptionist eventually puts me through to the service manager, he eventually agrees I am being passed from pillar to post and he will contact LR assist.

Am I just being unreasonable. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #492675 17th Oct 2018 6:29pm
Chalky

United Kingdom 

No you are not! Typical of not just LR, but the level of service in this country at the moment. Too many people have no idea about looking after customers Twisted Evil

Post #492678 17th Oct 2018 6:52pm
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

AFAIK what should be happening under the 3 year from new warranty is that if LRA can't fix it, the car is taken to the dealer of your choice, either by you or LRA and then if the dealer can't fix it right away you should get a loan car (though LRA rather than the dealer). The loan car is meant to be no worse than one grade down, i.e. 405, RR Sport or D5. Maybe you don't need the loan car as you have others.

Following my sending the proffered loan car away one time (I was not prepared to accept the conditions) a dealer told me that if you have the loan car it costs LR more and they then make more of an effort to get your own car back to you sooner. So that might be something to think about.

As so often the problem is poor/non-existent communication rather than the underlying position. You can't necessarily expect them to be able to fix everything right away, but you can expect efficient management of the matter. Service depts are often busy, maybe more so just now with Sept registration cars being serviced. It's not just LR - my girlfriend's BMW needs some work (including a safety related recall) and I had to phone three times before I managed to get anyone, the idea of calling back seems a pipedream there. And the work can't be done before 29.10... Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #492680 17th Oct 2018 7:04pm
Dixy

Chand at LR Customer service is looking in to it. Today was provided with a loan car, a Jaguar Censored face. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #492776 18th Oct 2018 1:56pm
AMD

United Kingdom 

Shocking service from Land Rover...the reason I am selling mine. I hope you get it sorted soon. Current MY2020
Gone: 1 x L405 and 2 x L322's

Post #492831 18th Oct 2018 7:21pm
Dixy

Had a phone call from Sharon at JLR. they don't offer a like for like loan car. The dealerships are very busy and JLR cant make them prioritise work.
They realy don't seem to understand that they no longer have a monopoly and customers choose on service as well as product. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #493269 22nd Oct 2018 4:59pm
Dixy

So having had to wait over a fortnight for them to just look at the car, today is the day it was booked in for, nearly mid day car still locked and alarmed. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #493352 23rd Oct 2018 11:53am
Dixy

Thought 16.15 was an appropriate time to phone for an update, they have not looked at it yet. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #493365 23rd Oct 2018 4:16pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>