Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > Houston we have a problem!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
J9SHT

United Kingdom 
Houston we have a problem!!!

The dreaded engine management light appeared last week, also whilst driving if i kick down with the accelerator there is a high pitched screech.

I called LR assist who came out and said that the engine management error was due to Exhaust gas temperature sensor dtc stored. Not exactly sure what this means but the car seems really sluggish, but doesn't seem to be in limp mode. If i accelerate slowly i can get it up to motorway speed, he said that the sensor probably needed replacing and the screeching noise was probably due to an issue with the secondary small turbo and i whilst the car was safe to drive i should book it into the dealer ASAP.

LR mobility have contacted me today to offer a car and the car will be going to the main dealer tomorrow.

Fortunately the car is still under the 3 year warranty but this runs out on the 21st November 2018, i intend to keep it for the next 12-18 months so will be extending the warranty.

Does anybody recognise the above issues? i am conscious that i want the car fully checked and anything that needs replacing is done whilst its still under the main 3 year warranty.

Post #492622 17th Oct 2018 12:48am
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Air intake pipe split by the sounds of it... There are four (under the engine cover) the design has been changed twice since 2013! Thumbs Up

Post #492623 17th Oct 2018 12:56am
J9SHT

United Kingdom 

Thanks, that doesn't sound quite as serious as turbo issues?

Would a split in the air intake pipe/s cause the Exhaust gas engine management error and account for the sluggish performance?

Apologies i know my mechanical limitations, and these are limited to fuel and washer fluid top ups Laughing

Post #492624 17th Oct 2018 1:02am
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Yes yes and yes sir... like you say, it’s covered by warranty so no stress! But it all points to one of the usual pipes! Just a little surprised LR Assist didn’t pick it up!

Post #492626 17th Oct 2018 1:09am
Fleagle_UK

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

yeah sounds like an intake split to me too.

On the LR assist not picking it up, I seem to read more and more that since JLR outsourced it to the AA, the quality of support has gone way down hill with the guys who get called out not really knowing much about the JLR product range. Other car makers that have outsourced to the AA as well - have comments on respective bulletin boards echoing the same poor sentiment. Sadly just another sign of penny pinching in todays corporate greed world. I have no idea what the outsource contracts cost the manufacturers, but clearly the bean counters have done some sums to say its worth it at the risk of p***ing customers off.

Post #492651 17th Oct 2018 3:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1