Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Gearbox issue please help for a freind
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tiprat

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black
Gearbox issue please help for a freind

Good afternoon everyone, I'm asking for some help with a friend's RR it's a 2007 RR Vogue. Recently it started to "Rattle" horrendously in "D" if you hold it on the brake, it's definitely gearbox related, oil and filter has been changed 3k ago prior to him buying it. It's just been redone since a garage suggested he try "that" to resolve the issue.
If the RR is sat on the drive in "P" it's fairly smooth tickover , if you go for a drive in it, it goes up and down the gear ok. It just start to Rattle and try to jump forward when say you stop at lights and hold in by the foot brake. It also does the same if you select "D" on the drive way and hold it by the brakes.
The screen shots are of the diagnostics at his local garage, but they couldn't offer any advice as to what to do to cure it?
Could any of you guys suggest what he could look at doing to try resolving the issue. I have no experience of automatic gearboxes, so can't offer any advice to him.

Regards as always.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 Borrowed Grey 2002 3d 204k for a year
Now own a 2007 Java black Vogue SE 3.6TDV8 160k

Post #645706 15th Oct 2022 2:47pm
TDV8 Paul

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Could be the clutches slipping or torque converter playing up, either way, since you’ve tried the gearbox oil change- probably time for a rebuild 2009 (2010 MY) 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography
2007 TDV8 Vogue SE
2005 BMW E63 645ci
2024 Porsche Macan

Post #645709 15th Oct 2022 3:52pm
garyRR

United Kingdom 

Sounds like the torque converter

The 6HP26 gearbox is known for the torque converter failing. It's not the end of the world - they can be reconditioned pretty inexpensively and there's also companies who will supply you a reconditioned torque converter in exchange for your worn one.

However, I can't quite work out from your post if you mean the engine oil and filter has been changed 3,000 miles ago or the gearbox automatic transmission fluid and the sump filter. If only an engine service has been done, I'd start with a gearbox service - ATF, sump, valve seals and mechatronic sleeve. If all that has been done, who has done it? Was it Joe-Fix-It on the driveway or a garage who didnt really know what they were doing? An under-filled or over-filled gearbox can present gearbox problems. 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 SDV8

Post #645738 15th Oct 2022 9:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1