Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > Looks like rejection is my near future...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
LWR

United Kingdom 
Looks like rejection is my near future...

I won't bore you all with the details of the issues with my car. Suffice to say, 7 weeks into ownership, I'm unconvinced I want to be wedded to the issues I'm having now for 3 or 4 or 5 years.

The thing is, I'm quite emotionally attached to the vehicle. Not attached enough to stick with it, but enough to give JLR another chance with another vehicle.

I run 3 cars and the RR is the perfect vehicle to balance out the fleet.

So my question is, if I reject the car, can I get RR to build me a new one to similar spec AND will they let me drive the car I have now while they build it? If not I will have to buy something else fairly quickly as I need a 5 seat estate, and in that instance, it will probably have to be something else.

Thoughts?

Post #494369 1st Nov 2018 10:05pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Almost by definition....no

At least I wouldn't have thought so - By definition, you're rejecting it as not fit for purposes can hardly keep using it.

However, the dealer might be persuaded to give you a loan car - there's certainly some on here who managed that.

Post #494370 1st Nov 2018 10:16pm
Fleagle_UK

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

well, as you say - you haven't gone into the detail of why you are rejecting the car and to be honest it's irrelevant.
LR / the dealership are very unlikely to let you keep the car temporarily as sadly rejected cars are not removed from the road and crushed / broken for spares (or at least all the gremlins fully repaired), they just go back on the forecourt hoping another punter comes along and buys it asap - so the dealer won't want any extra mileage or age on the vehicle while you wait for your new one to be built as they are losing money Sad

Post #494397 2nd Nov 2018 11:09am
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

It's probably a matter for negotiation with the dealer and JLR. I have heard of JLR helping customers to move to a replacement car where there is a case for rejection they regard as deserving. I'm not sure about using the car during the build period - four months?. If your car is that usable, would your remedy really be to have it mended? They would probably prefer you to buy another RR than something else, so perhaps a deal can be done. Good luck. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #494440 2nd Nov 2018 6:26pm
stillrunning

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

LWR
feel your pain.
you may well have read that I have rejected both a MY17 and MY18 after approx. 2 months of ownership, as part of the deal on the MY18 i was allowed to keep the car until the new one arrived,
The MY17 i had decided to return the car as i did not want another because they couldn't guarantee the issues would be resolved.
On Both cars i did report the faults within the first 2 weeks of having it, I am not sure if this helped my case to reject the vehicle.
I have been advised you can reject a car no matter what the issue within the first 30 days of ownership.
My third car is going back on Monday to sort a couple of issues out, if these issues are not sorted in a timely manner, this one will go back too.
I am not prepared to compromise on a 100k car, it has to be perfect.
Steve

Post #494490 3rd Nov 2018 8:56am
socialrover

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography SDV6 Santorini Black

I agree completely Steve ,sometimes in order for people (i.e. landcover ) to learn you have to be cruel to be kind .

And we don't pay £100K plus to act as test beds for their products , expectation is a 100% car or not accepting it .We sacrifice time away from family and put in effort to earn our money ...it doesn't grow on trees ! We we spend our hard earned cash we don't expect substandard product / service .

Rant over . Rolling Eyes

Post #494498 3rd Nov 2018 10:26am
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black

Alistair wrote:
... you're rejecting it as not fit for purposes... can hardly keep using it... dealer might... give you a loan car... certainly some... here... who managed that.

Agree. You'd potentially fatally undermine your NFFP representations if 'rejecting' but then using the car anyway. My vision of rejecting a car is handing it back with keys and a written accompaniment explaining why rejecting.

We did that with a used, several years old RR and were given a new Jaguar XF loan car by the selling main dealer in for 2 or 3 months whilst an outcome was reached (in our case a hard won full refund).

Post #494516 3rd Nov 2018 1:42pm
Autobiography

2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Land Rover (amongst other manufacturers) will normally let you keep the vehicle you've rejected or put you in a loaner whilst your one is built. It doesn't seem right (in their eyes) for a customer to give them a second chance and then have to find another car to use for x number of months. The customer is then at risk of switching brand which obviously they definitely don't want.

I'd be surprised if they didn't let you keep your current one.

Post #494698 5th Nov 2018 12:59pm
stillrunning

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

3rd chance in some cases, well mine anyway.
the latest one gone back after covering 1100 miles it went back on a transporter yesterday.
Loan car left a new 68 plate vogue SE, and guess what can't sign in to Live account on this one LOL,
It keeps coming up with error message unable to sign in, however it will let me me sign in for live traffic updates for sat nav, problems what problems.
Feel for the service manager as i already know he ain't got answers to mine as the previous one has done exactly the same as this one.
Steve

Post #494763 6th Nov 2018 6:55am
CRC@LandRover
Verified Account

Re: Looks like rejection is my near future...

LWR wrote:
I won't bore you all with the details of the issues with my car. Suffice to say, 7 weeks into ownership, I'm unconvinced I want to be wedded to the issues I'm having now for 3 or 4 or 5 years.

The thing is, I'm quite emotionally attached to the vehicle. Not attached enough to stick with it, but enough to give JLR another chance with another vehicle.

I run 3 cars and the RR is the perfect vehicle to balance out the fleet.

So my question is, if I reject the car, can I get RR to build me a new one to similar spec AND will they let me drive the car I have now while they build it? If not I will have to buy something else fairly quickly as I need a 5 seat estate, and in that instance, it will probably have to be something else.

Thoughts?

Hi LWR,

Thank you for your post.

I am deeply sorry to learn of this.

If I can be of any assistance, please DM me with your contact, vehicle and retailer details.

Thanks,

Chand - Land Rover UK Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.

Post #494792 6th Nov 2018 4:05pm
LWR

United Kingdom 

Chand - sorry I missed your post. Are you with the JLR Customer Experience Centre? If so, I already have them on the case - whilst they are polite, they don't have much power - the car is being worked on by the repairing dealer, but the selling dealer is not answering calls/emails to discuss rejection. JLR Customer Experience can't do anything about that - apparently.

Post #495468 13th Nov 2018 4:39pm
LWR

United Kingdom 

The car is ticking over into its 3rd week with the repairing dealer. To be fair, they have been very helpful, but there is no getting away from the fact that the car is 8 weeks old, has been broken from the start and is has been with the dealer 3 of those 8 weeks.

Here's where I'd like some help - if the selling dealer is refusing to answer my calls and emails regarding starting a rejection process, what are my options? JLR Customer Experience says they can do nothing - their obligation is to keep fixing the car - rejection something they have no mandate for.

Getting a solicitor involved seems like the obvious option, but given I'm £120k down already, it's seems wrong to have to throw thousands more at this.

Help?

Post #495469 13th Nov 2018 4:42pm
socialrover

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography SDV6 Santorini Black

Is anyone on here familiar with the rejection process ?

Could they give LWR any pointers - such disrespectful service surly needs calling out ?

In solidarity LWR .

Post #495471 13th Nov 2018 4:59pm
AndyS

United Kingdom 

I would imaging a polite but informed letter stating you are formally rejecting the vehicle noting the faults to date and then send by recorded delivery with a timescale for them to respond. If on finance then get them involved too.
If they don't respond, which is highly unlikely, then maybe going legal would be the best route.
I feel your pain and wish you the best of luck.

Post #495475 13th Nov 2018 5:26pm
Simes

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography Black TDV8 Barolo Black

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/le...m-a-dealer

Might be helpful.

Post #495483 13th Nov 2018 7:01pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>