Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > I wish I'd never bought it
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
elpeede

England 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

+1 2010 Disco XS TDV6, 2009 Freelander 2 GS

Previous Landrover products -1990 110 TDI CSW, 2003 TD6 Vogue - RRC TD Vogue, RRC v8 Fleetline, Disco ES V8 LPG, 101 Ambulance "Morph", 1964 SIIa Auto Powered by Jag 4.2 Lump - "Percy".

Post #58131 1st Apr 2011 1:27pm
delamo

England 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Tonga Green

scarey wrote:
Jsb wrote:

Lookers: Good on you to come on here and publicy state you are going to resolve, a lot of other dealers wouldnt have the balls.

+1 Thumbs Up

+ another Thumbs Up

(personally, I switched dealers from Stratstones Rolling Eyes to Lookers Park Royal Very Happy because of their customer service / aftersales care and attention - now James and Jez are on the case, hopefully all will be sorted to your satisfaction very soon - most of us regular RR owners have had experience of a 'friday afternoon car' at one time or another, but with a little more patience and now having the right LR representatives helping you, it will get sorted...

...& don't go get a X5 - they may appear a similar type of vehicle - but are not in the same league as a FFRR!)

Post #58140 1st Apr 2011 2:05pm
mercuryf1

Malaysia 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Loire Blue

nick h wrote:
Lookers Park Royal wrote:
Don't apologise, you clearly have some problems with the RR which is not right Shocked . It sounds like we need to get the vehicle in and give it a thorough health check?

James Thumbs Up

'....health check...'

euthanasia might be kinder Whistle

Rolling with laughter '01 1.8i Freelander. Grey/ grey
'06 4.2 S/C Buckingham Blue/ Parchment
'15 5.0 S/C SVA Loire blue/ Black

Post #58145 1st Apr 2011 3:27pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

don't lose faith, I am sure James will sort it. Thumbs Up

Certain problems though can be down to the first owner! I very regularly see certain tossers in brand new Land Rover vehicles driving their new vehicles into the surf launching boats, jet skis and in general doing a Clarkson and showing off.

Anybody with any common sense knows that salt water and electrics doesn't mix - hence certain people are having certain problems which are electrically related. I am not for one minute saying your problems are down to this, because it could be a genuine LR fault, but some owners do stupid things and are to blame for certain faults...

don't lose faith, hope it gets sorted and from what we have all seen of LPR they are one of the best and won't leave you high and dry

Post #58152 1st Apr 2011 4:27pm
Andy D

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE Supercharged Java Black

I really can't fault lookers, Jeremy is fantastic and has gone the extra mile to sort everything out. The car is still a lemon but that's no reflection on lookers or Jeremy.

We've got a new air compressor but it still bleeps like crazy for some unknown reason, lookers are miles away and I doubt if the car will make it all the way but they have offered to give it a full inspection and you can't ask for more than that.

I really hope I haven't come across as negative about LPR as they're by far the best dealer of any marque I've ever been to.

Still wish I hadn't bought it though. My wife won't go on motorways anymore as she doesn't want to be doing 70 when it breaks next time. '07 Supercharged in black with drug dealer tinted windows

Post #58995 5th Apr 2011 11:04pm
pretlove

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

good luck getting it sorted im sure when it is you'll be glad you didnt get an x5 ...i like bmw infact my last car was one but they are not on the same league as a rr "RANGEISM WILL NOT BE TOLERATED"
www.futuresecurityservices.co.uk
Pretlove says , '' I want my car back Sad "

Post #59004 6th Apr 2011 12:43am
Andy D

You're 100% right. A FFRR is in a different league from an X5 - there's nothing that exudes class more than a range rover on the back of a recovery lorry Big Cry '07 Supercharged in black with drug dealer tinted windows

Post #59006 6th Apr 2011 1:10am
pretlove

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Andy D wrote:
You're 100% right. A FFRR is in a different league from an X5 - there's nothing that exudes class more than a range rover on the back of a recovery lorry Big Cry

fair point but may i say x5's are not without there problems....i realy hope it all turns out well for you "RANGEISM WILL NOT BE TOLERATED"
www.futuresecurityservices.co.uk
Pretlove says , '' I want my car back Sad "

Post #59007 6th Apr 2011 2:05am
Andy D

Great......the f***er has now failed it's MOT and it'll cost £600 to put right - the MOT "insurance" isn't worth the paper it's written on. Thanks Land Rover, you really saw me coming didn't you?

Post #70757 1st Jul 2011 1:21am
Lookers Park Royal

Andy - Please speak to us before you pay for anything to be done. Jeremy will call this morning as this doesn't sound right/fair.

James Shocked

Post #70758 1st Jul 2011 5:57am
Andy D

It's OK James, I think we're just going to get it through the MOT then see what we can sell or px it for. Compared to what we've spent so far in about 9 months keeping it on the road it's no biggie.

Most days it's like being in an Ibiza nightclub with the amount of random bleeps and flashing lights we get. '07 Supercharged in black with drug dealer tinted windows

Post #70763 1st Jul 2011 8:35am
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

Never turn down a genuine offer of help...... Surprised

Post #70770 1st Jul 2011 9:22am
Kilovolt

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

scarey wrote:
Jsb wrote:

Lookers: Good on you to come on here and publicy state you are going to resolve, a lot of other dealers wouldnt have the balls.

+1 Thumbs Up

+2 Thumbs Up Currently running FFRR MY10 TDV8 3.6L and a Disco 3 XS Commercial (tank like but very effective as a Company van). Plus one mint condition Track Day Car in the form of an E36 M3 3.2L Evolution circa June 1996 with lots of go faster bits and only 52k miles on the clock! Oh, plus a few bits to make it slow down really quickly as well! Luvverly.

Post #70783 1st Jul 2011 12:08pm
Java Jungle

Monaco 2011 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Nara Bronze

That's what I call a statement James Thumbs Up

JJ

Post #70786 1st Jul 2011 12:22pm
bozmandb9

Andy D wrote:
It's OK James, I think we're just going to get it through the MOT then see what we can sell or px it for. Compared to what we've spent so far in about 9 months keeping it on the road it's no biggie.

Most days it's like being in an Ibiza nightclub with the amount of random bleeps and flashing lights we get.

I don't want to appear unsympathetic, but I don't quite get this. You've spent lots of money on this car due to problems, so you want to spend another £600 even though Lookers want to sort it out for you? How much of the rest of the money you've spent was on faults that would have been resolved FOC by Lookers, or under the approved used warranty?

I've never bought a car from them, but I would expect them to put right anything which needed putting right, and they've certainly shown willing! It sounds like you have had some faults which were probably linked, but it sounds like you've given in to frustration without allowing Lookers to put it right for you. In my view there's no reason to suppose that an X5 would prove any less problematic. Equally the next owner of your car could well get these faults resolved quickly if they are not already, and have a great ownership experience! Range Rover-less at the moment - Pining!

Post #70794 1st Jul 2011 12:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 6 <123456>