Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Front door lock
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
comports

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Mariana Black
Front door lock

Right - Need some assistance from the almighty crew...

Decided to fit the new door handles that arrived this week (even though I did pay over the odds for them..!)

So gave the car a good wash first as it needed it then got all my tools out. Took me about 1 1/2 hours to do the rear off side handle with the learning curve of getting the door card off (didn't want to pull too hard) and then getting the handle out and disassembled. All fine and dandy and it did look great once complete.

Now onto the drivers door. With the learning curve behind me I had it all stripped out and rebuild in about 15 minutes this time. All back together and again looking really good and everything working..... Very Happy

BUT... How the feck does the door lock go back together and work.? All back on the car and central locking etc all fine but the key will not lock/unlock the door. It has a kind of long arm with a cross spline on the end that obviously sits inside the door but I can't fathom it out for toffee..

Any clues. Question

Needles to say I'd had enough at this point so will do the near sides tomorrow although they will be easier as I know how to do them now and no key locks to worry about. Ash
------------------------------------------------------
2016 SDV8 AB

Post #58340 2nd Apr 2011 6:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1