Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Told About
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
JOKER

Scotland 
Told About

In at the dealership today to pick up the FF after getting work done and my Mate the Parts Manager told me that 22" Wheels Censored up the Diffs on the FF and if any of them come in with 22" wheels it invalidates the warranty.

I know most of the members already know this , but it was the first i had heard of it , not that it concerns me as my car is out of warranty.

Just thought i would post it for any Newbie FFRR ................... Thumbs Up

Post #3926 18th Mar 2009 4:19pm
Full fat not diet

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

Lots of the dealers have cars for sale with 22's inc Revere & Overfinch wheels etc & although it is true about the warranty i think eyes look the other way. I was at a few main dealers this week that had a number of customers who had upgraded to 22s and these where on 2009 cars so i dont know if they uphold that rule. Although the diff issue is possible & it may shorten the life a bit, i doubt there is a massive difference on the diff between 20 & 22" - although the wives may disagree Rolling with laughter

i reckon that the diffs take more from offroading than 22s?

Post #3930 18th Mar 2009 5:11pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Well reason being with him being in parts he does not earn commission on sales of vehicles , And i doubt if a salesman selling a FFRR to a customer would crack on about what 22" wheels invalidates the warranty , some might some won't.

Would you if you were earning a percentage off a 70k car ............ Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Post #3934 18th Mar 2009 7:11pm
Full fat not diet

I would highlight the info & if the customer ignores it then fair enough.

I dont doubt your friend is right though but i was just saying what i see on a regular basis.

I dont know how Overfinch overcome the warranty issue?

Post #3945 18th Mar 2009 10:10pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Get where you are coming from Adrian, But what i was meaning was that because FFRR's are not a high turnover vehicle like your run of the mill fords ,vauxhalls type .

Don't know so much down your way but up here the FFRR salesmen don't seem to be in it for the career prospects if you get my drift specially the young ones , so they won't be too concerned if the punter they have sold a car to is going to give them repeat business say in 12 months time.

The only one's that will be upfront is the older type Salesman who has his scruples about him , and is basically waiting for The Grim Reaper to come knocking with the usual line "Right Fred no more wetting the bed for you, your coming with me"............

Post #3950 18th Mar 2009 10:43pm
kin

England 2006 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver

I don't understand, why would 22" knackers up the diff on FF? The overall rolling diameter the same, aren't they?

Post #3953 18th Mar 2009 11:09pm
Full fat not diet

MICK wrote:
The only one's that will be upfront is the older type Salesman who has his scruples about him , and is basically waiting for The Grim Reaper to come knocking with the usual line "Right Fred no more wetting the bed for you, your coming with me"............

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Bow down

Where do you get them from Mick Thumbs Up

Post #3958 18th Mar 2009 11:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1