Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > 3.6 tdv8 engine sump gasket.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Cmdigger

United Kingdom 
3.6 tdv8 engine sump gasket.

Just in the middle of showing my workhorse a bit of love.
Currently in the middle off
Putting new turbos in
A new turbo oil feed pipe
New egr valves
New alternator and belt
New front half shafts
New front diff seals
New front air struts
New sub frame bolts
All new suspension arms upper and lower both front and rear
Wire brushing and wax oiling the front subframe while I’ve got it off
And a few other odds and sods

Not to sure if it’s the power steering hydraulic line or if it’s the sump gasket but seem to have found an oil leak on the right/ drivers side on the lower part of the engine. Can’t really clean and test the car as it’s all in bits and don’t want to put it all back together to only have to strip it all again. Definitely not the turbo as that’s already been removed (in really good shape too with no leaks or play in the turbo shaft considering my ffrr spends its life towing my diggers around and she’s on 128k) and I’m just about to drop the front sub frame and front diff to finish getting the left turbo out, thought I could get the turbo out without needing to drop the subframe as managed to get the intake hoses off, manifold heat shield off, oil feed off, cat disconnected and the top studs holding the turbo to manifold but came a cropper when looking at getting the turbo bracket off.
Anyway getting off track.
I’ve looked at the workshop manual and it states your supposed to take the engine out and take off the flex plate(flywheel), driver shaft carrier etc etc to just take the sump off to replace the gasket. Can anyone confirm if this is the case ? It seems mad to go through all that just to get the gasket replaced. I was hoping to just change the gasket while I had the subframe off (obviously holding the engine with my crane) as it’s a cheap part and would eliminate that cause and I was also going to change the power steering hose as I’ve already undone that in prep to drop the subframe.
By the way the rest of the work is moving along swiftly just plodding along with it. I will add if you attempt to replace your turbos I would recommend you take the complete hub assembly and front air strut out as I knackered one of mine by pushing it to far to get access to get through the right access hatch in the wheel arch (thought I would replace both while I was at it as with a big impact gun it takes a couple of mins to get them out).
Any advice or insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Post #575037 4th Dec 2020 1:55am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1