Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Rear indicator failure
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Nespouls

France 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Adriatic Blue
Rear indicator failure

I can’t find any previous discussion on the subject of malfunctioning indicators.
All was well, driving along and next time I indicated to turn left had a very fast ticking and indicator light flashing, which one would normally associate with one of the indicator bulbs blown. Got home and found rear LHS indicator not working . . and naively started to replace the bulb. But bulb was good and lit when on 12v supply. Cleaned all contacts and checked resistances of all bulbs in the cluster, at the pins of the cluster housing, which all read around 6 ohms, apart from the two wires which disappear into the indicator lens which showed open circuit.
My iid (Autel) tool showed very many faults on the Lighting Control Module for every possible light . . apart from the indicators. The faults would not erase. The LCD panel in the dash says “check rear fog light” , but this is working fine, as are all the other lights, bar the rear left indicator.
Tried hard reset on the battery in the hope of a black magic cure, but no change.
Only other possible relevant issue is that she is currently suffering steering lock failure and key-won’t-turn which I am circumventing with the fuse 18 trick, until such time as the weather improves and I fit the replacement steering column.
Anybody any ideas, please? Desperately hoping it’s not LCM failure, or , perhaps worse, a damaged loom.
Thanks,
Stuart Stuart
L322 2007 TDV8 Vogue

Post #581506 28th Jan 2021 5:33pm
MartynSeaman

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

Hi, got exactly the same fault, happened yesterday, lost rear lh indicator, wondered if you sorted this, or

Post #690771 16th Apr 2024 10:19pm
Nespouls

France 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Adriatic Blue

Hi Martyn, the fault was the Lighting Control Module. I searched on EBay and found someone who repaired mine, rather than paying €400+ for a new one.
However, I must confess that this fault, a myriad of others, and repeated EGR failure prompted me to sell my FFRR and, whilst I miss the rare magic driving moment, I am much relieved to drive a reliable car. I bought a Toyota 😂. Stuart
L322 2007 TDV8 Vogue

Post #690773 16th Apr 2024 10:32pm
MartynSeaman

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

Thank you, ill have a look on ebay to find a repair person,

Post #690775 16th Apr 2024 10:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1