Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Airbag Warning Light Gremlins
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
apsona

France 
Airbag Warning Light Gremlins

Evening all. I have a 2006 4.2 supercharged with the airbag light that comes on a lot (and stays on)and at other times not at all and usually always acrivated when a passenger gets into the passenger seat which led me to the occupancy sensor or module however the diaganostics tests leads me to think it may be the airbag ECU / DCU.

I have a icarsoft LRv2 and it fails to communicate with the airbag ECU/DCU as far as i can see. It tries, the airbag light blinks on and then off and i get a link error back. It cannot seem to communicate with the DCU. I also never have the seat belt warnings if I don't wear the seatbelt and I have done the little hack of plug/unpplug the seatbelt x times to enable/disactivate the warning. This never does anything when i've tried it.

My logic tells me i have dead airbag ECU / DCU but i though i'd consult the oracle by posting here. Woud I be right or should i be looking elsewere? There are no error codes at all either.

Is it an easy enough thing to do to change the DCU? I see if it under the console so hopefully easy enough to get off. Are there any specific procedures to follow whe changing it so that the airbags don't activate?

Thanks all for this great forum. Very valuable resource

Post #628317 10th Apr 2022 10:06pm
maric995

Croatia 2006 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

You can try next: connect icarsoft and pick L322 02-05 and then go to airbag module, this trick worked on mine (late year 2005). In that year land rover changed electronics to ford based systems, but some components were still from bmw, mine also didn't want to connect to airbag module but with this trick it worked and after clearing the faults, airbag light didn't came back. Wink RR HSE 4.4 2006 LPG

Post #628352 11th Apr 2022 12:25pm
apsona

France 

Brilliant! I tried that and it worked. I have the seat occupancy sensor error. But no code associated with it. It won't let me clear the code though and how do I know if it's the module or the mat?

Great tip though so many thanks. These 2006 models seem to be half ford, half BMW.

Post #628402 11th Apr 2022 8:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1