Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Further digging with diagnostics reveals PO62F
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
matthews

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue
Further digging with diagnostics reveals PO62F

Bit of further digging with diagnostics and also come up with PO62F (eprom malfunction ), after clearing this down I can now clear down the PO700 code and get MIL light off , not had chance to retest by driving it as I had it blocked in by a customers car this aft , anybody come across this PO62F before and any ideas of a fix ?
Matthew

Post #642121 5th Sep 2022 10:20pm
garyRR

United Kingdom 

A few things. It's very rare for the ZF transmission to encounter any issues so my first point of call would actually be the battery:

1. Has the battery been disconnected (both poles) for 10 minutes and reconnected?
2. Is the battery flat? The P06 error sounds more like a battery issue and the L322 is super sensitive to voltage issues. You mention in your previous post it was at startup you got the issue. This says to me even more so that you've got a battery issue. There's over 25 ECUs which all boot up when the ignition is turned on. All of these draw current from the battery and the voltage drops. If any ECUs don't get sufficient current or voltage, they fail to boot properly and give all kinds of errors.
3. I see from your previous thread that the ATF fluid was changed 25,000 miles ago. Have you checked the level and topped up as necessary? Which fluid was used? Genuine ZF?

Remember that a fault code is usually the symptom of a problem and not the problem. There is almost always an underlying cause which created it. 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 SDV8

Post #642130 6th Sep 2022 8:53am
matthews

Re fault code being symptom not cause I agree totally hence trying to find the cause , first happened late last week when I went to move it to start doing rear toe arms , new battery (Bosch silver ) in June , battery was disconnected over weekend whilst I was doing rear arms (had ride height sensors off hence battery disconnect) but EML came on before battery disconnect , doesn't do many short journeys and was away over BH weekend before it happened so plenty of long distance miles , completely out of blue hence being slightly confused , gearbox oil was changed about 3 years ago and Ravenol 8 was used (weekend/nice car rather than runabout hence not stupid miles a year , 22 yrold 200k+ miles Disco is runabout/works van ), slightly concerned re eprom fault and looking for any ideas .

Post #642132 6th Sep 2022 9:53am
garyRR

United Kingdom 

If the battery is new, have you checked the voltage? A new battery doesn't necessarily mean it's being charged properly (or corroded terminals / cables) and the 4.4 TDV8 is well known for alternator issues. Also, as far as I know, a standard Bosch silver isn't an AGM battery unless it's the S5A13.

If you're sure on all of that, have you got an IID tool? If so, you can do a TCM firmware flash. You'll have to re-learn the adaptation values on the gearbox but it would confirm or rule out a firmware issue, before looking at replacing the ECU.

I'm still not confident it would be anything to do with the TCM though but only you will know. 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 SDV8

Post #642133 6th Sep 2022 10:01am
dhallworth

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Baltic Blue

What code reader are you using?

I've heard that generic code readers can throw generic faults on certain cars. Never heard of an EPROM fault before hence the question.

David. 2002 4.6 Vogue SE - Alveston Red with Lightstone Leather
2007 Range Rover Supercharged in Java Black with Ivory Leather
2012 Range Rover 5.0 SC Autobiography in Indus Silver with Jet/Ivory Interior
2012 Range Rover 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography in Baltic Blue with Sand Interior

Post #642138 6th Sep 2022 10:16am
matthews

Delphi DS1e diagnostics , from reading through settings on freeze frame battery voltages are good , couple of odd temp readings , that aside fired it up this morning and no issues , took it for a spin and all was fine , will keep monitoring and see how it goes , hopefully just a glitch but we are all a little paranoid re these cars , especially our own , it's the silly expensive AGM Bosch battery btw not the normal silver one .
Matthew

Post #642238 6th Sep 2022 11:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1