Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Finance, Insurance & Warranties > UK Insurance [l460]
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
SamThomas

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Baltic Blue

AF were very unhelpful when I had a claim, to the point that I arranged the repairs (& bore the costs) of repairing my vehicle out of my own funds.

Post #669128 14th Jul 2023 7:36pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

I was struggling with insurance and sent this to my new insurance company … following which they insured the L460 at a fair price.

Maybe worth a try…?

I spent a couple of days researching the issue as I knew there was something new, I just didn’t know what the system was called.

Quote from a web forum.

Ultra Wideband' (UWB) technology within the vehicle's Smart Keys. UWB is highly effective against so called 'relay attacks' where thieves intercept and transmit the key fob and vehicle security signals to unlock and start vehicles even when the key is not near the vehicle. UWB allows the vehicle to detect the physical location of the key with extreme accuracy and thus prevents relay attacks from being successful.
Unquote .

Quote from “what car”

It is great news that a small number of brands, including Audi, BMW, Ford, Jaguar Land Rover and Mercedes-Benz, have introduced new technology to combat theft.Weparticularly applaud Jaguar and Land Rover for developing a system that prevents cars from being driven away, although we think this should be rolled out across all of its models.

The L460 car, one of only two in the JLR range , using UWB technology.

Anyway thieves can always break in , but unlike the L405 Range Rover are unable to relay the signal to activate the start button.

I hope that all helps & look forward to your news.

Unquote Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #675377 12th Oct 2023 10:10am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123