Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > HHO adapters for petrol diesel engines ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
ergobyte

France 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black
HHO adapters for petrol diesel engines ?

HI all,
Do you guys know about this ?

https://www.hydroxsystems.com/

from their website:
"By using the extra power of your vehicle’s alternator, we break the bonds between the water molecules. Practically we produce gas from the water – Oxy-Hydrogen, also called HHO gas. HHO gas is the most potent and calorific fuel in nature. When the produced HHO gas goes to the air-fuel mixture of any Internal Combustion Engine, we make the combustion of fossil fuels such as Petrol, Diesel, LPG, or CNG more complete and efficient.
As a result, you get fewer emissions and reduced fuel consumption."

Has anyone adapted one ? (it might not work on big engines...?) "it needs some intelligence to undestand you may not have enough"

Post #655695 5th Feb 2023 5:41pm
JayGee

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Big Cry 2012 TDV8 Vogue (L322)

Post #655700 5th Feb 2023 6:43pm
Danb_220_2019

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Fuji White

Load of old tosh. If it were that great manufacturers would do it already.

In the same bucket as magnets on the fuel line for me. 2012 (L322) 4.4TDV8 Vogue SE, RSE, Fuji White over Arabica.
Previous V8s: BMW 645Ci, P38 4.6, P38 4.0, Merc CL500
Previous others: Honda x1, Volvo x7, Rover x6, BMW x6, Ford x1, Mercedes x2, Skoda x3, VW x2, Renault x2, Citroen x1, Mazda x3, Nissan x1, Audi x3, Kia x1, Fiat x4, Subaru x3, Austin x2, Triumph x2, Jeep x2, Hyundai x2, Lexus x1, Mitsubishi x1, Saab x2... and some others I've forgotten!

Post #655702 5th Feb 2023 6:51pm
Floopy

United Kingdom 

Hehe, that's made my evening.

OP - please don't fall for it. Pure snake oil. 2006 L322 Vogue SE 4.2

Post #655731 5th Feb 2023 9:09pm
SamThomas

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Baltic Blue

About as useful as those 13a plug adaptors that "save a fortune".

Post #655746 5th Feb 2023 10:22pm
ergobyte

France 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

y'all mighty reactive, that's good. "it needs some intelligence to undestand you may not have enough"

Post #655751 5th Feb 2023 11:03pm
kds2

England 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Friend of mine played about with this sort of thing several years ago ( chap near him made the same sort of units and wanted someone to fit them to customers cars),out of interest he fitted one to couple of his own vehicles a v8 diesel chevy blazer and a v8 petrol ford pick up and the v8 petrol mpg increased to be on par with the blazer on straight diesel at 22/24 mpg on a long run from about 16/18 mpg, the diesel also showed an improvment of couple mpg if I remember right, also fitted a couple to a 44 ton truck ( mpg also showed an increase) the problem there was it didnt have one driver so the unit didnt get topped up so burnt out. In the end there wasnt enough interest in them so the chap making them gave up, my friend still has the two vehicles ( blazer parked up for years now falling apart and the ford is a bloody terrible ride glad he only puts it on the road in the summer ! ).

Post #655764 6th Feb 2023 12:21am
garyRR

United Kingdom 

Yes, a load of nonsense.

The theory seems logical - use waste power from the engine to run an electrolysis unit to produce hydrogen, however the amount produced is so small, it's unlikely to make more than 1-2% difference in fuel economy, if at all.

The solution to a more economical Range Rover, is not to have a Range Rover. 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 SDV8

Post #655773 6th Feb 2023 8:08am
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Is it April 1st already?

Must fill the kettle with some oxygen hydride for a quick cuppa Thumbs Up Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #655806 6th Feb 2023 11:33am
Danb_220_2019

kds2 wrote:
Friend of mine played about with this sort of thing several years ago ( chap near him made the same sort of units and wanted someone to fit them to customers cars),out of interest he fitted one to couple of his own vehicles a v8 diesel chevy blazer and a v8 petrol ford pick up and the v8 petrol mpg increased to be on par with the blazer on straight diesel at 22/24 mpg on a long run from about 16/18 mpg, the diesel also showed an improvment of couple mpg if I remember right, also fitted a couple to a 44 ton truck ( mpg also showed an increase) the problem there was it didnt have one driver so the unit didnt get topped up so burnt out. In the end there wasnt enough interest in them so the chap making them gave up, my friend still has the two vehicles ( blazer parked up for years now falling apart and the ford is a bloody terrible ride glad he only puts it on the road in the summer ! ).

Whatever else was going on, an HHO generator would not make any changes like that. The electrolyser requires electrical energy, which has to come from the alternator, which is driven by the crankshaft. Any energy added by the electrolyser has to come from the energy going in to the system. They're snake oil, pure and simple, unless someone has figured out a way to cheat the basic laws of thermodynamics. 2012 (L322) 4.4TDV8 Vogue SE, RSE, Fuji White over Arabica.
Previous others: Honda x1, Volvo x7, Rover x6, BMW x6, Ford x1, Mercedes x2, Skoda x3, VW x2, Renault x2, Citroen x1, Mazda x3, Nissan x1, Audi x3, Kia x1, Fiat x4, Subaru x3, Austin x2, Triumph x2, Jeep x2, Hyundai x2, Lexus x1, Mitsubishi x1, Saab x2... and some others I've forgotten!

Post #655813 6th Feb 2023 11:52am
Floopy

United Kingdom 

The only way it could generate electrolysis without using fuel would be if it only took power from the alternator on the overrun.

By my beer mat calculations the 0.01mg of hydrogen this would generate would result in a fuel saving that would take 400³ years to return your investment at current fuel rates. Mr. Green 2006 L322 Vogue SE 4.2

Post #655814 6th Feb 2023 12:05pm
Danb_220_2019

Quote:
The only way it could generate electrolysis without using fuel would be if it only took power from the alternator on the overrun.

The laws of thermodynamics still win, though. If you were to load the alternator on the overrun, the alternator's resistance to the engine turning increases, so the engine speed drops more quickly, which means any coasting you're doing is shortened, meaning you press the accelerator to burn fuel sooner, which means your total input energy remains the same.

I get your point though! 2012 (L322) 4.4TDV8 Vogue SE, RSE, Fuji White over Arabica.

Post #655815 6th Feb 2023 12:12pm
Floopy

United Kingdom 

Very true.

So functionality should only be limited to long downhill runs, preferably with a tail wind. 2006 L322 Vogue SE 4.2

Post #655818 6th Feb 2023 12:24pm
kds2

England 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Danb_220_2019 wrote:
kds2 wrote:

Whatever else was going on, an HHO generator would not make any changes like that. The electrolyser requires electrical energy, which has to come from the alternator, which is driven by the crankshaft. Any energy added by the electrolyser has to come from the energy going in to the system. They're snake oil, pure and simple, unless someone has figured out a way to cheat the basic laws of thermodynamics.
All this was over 15 years ago and the vehicles where nowhere near new at the time so the fact they are basic would maybe explain the increase but that was what he found.

Post #655876 7th Feb 2023 12:28am
Danb_220_2019

It's genuinely far more likely to be placebo effect or the owner trying to convince himself that he'd not wasted his time and money trying to cheat the basic universal laws of physics. 2012 (L322) 4.4TDV8 Vogue SE, RSE, Fuji White over Arabica.

Post #655877 7th Feb 2023 1:02am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>