Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 4.4 Fuji
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
JamboM3

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Car was sublime, although a few minor issues reared their head. Tyres are absolutely mind blowing, on a good road surface they are basically inaudible up to around 80mph. You do notice more of the wind noise due to this, but I don’t think I’d buy any other tyre again. Game changer! I don’t think I could have used a more perfect car for the job, 5hrs of driving and I was not even remotely tired when I arrived (ny kidneys were near breaking point however!)

Grippy when it was warm also, which historically I have found Pirelli’s to be but was surprised an all season was so good in summer (ish). Had to perform an emergency stop for a very determined Paramedic down a small twisty road and happy to report brakes and tyres all did their job. On the brake side I do seem to be experiencing some noise from the EBC Greens up front which I am a bit miffed about, weirdly some days they make no noise at all! Very strange, didn’t experience this with the yellows in my M3. Great bite and pedal feel though.

Didn’t have time to fit a few items I’ve had a few months before we left, the silver bumper bar was looking out of place abs making the cad look a tad messy. But that will follow.

Post #667740 27th Jun 2023 11:09pm
JamboM3

My lettering had become stained over time and it seemed nothing would shift the dirt. Tried APC various dilutions, G101, citrus, ONR, 2 different shampoos and whilst it was slightly better - nothing really sorted it. I stumbled across a vid on YouTube that mentioned it could be limescale/hard water stains, I jumped on this and tried out the Gtecniq cleaner for this. It took a number of passes and still wasn’t perfect, but it was better than before!

This photo was from last year and it had only gotten worse since but gives you an idea

Photos do it many favours, but end result I still wasn’t happy

I noticed some damage to the front letters, namely from I assume stone chips. So thought I would extend my black on white theme (not that popular on here, but hey it’s my car!)

As I wasn’t 100% sure on keeping the black, I decided to opt for the powerful/supertweaks letters as they were a much cheaper proposition. Wasn’t overly impressed with the template (was completely off) and the front/back had no discernible difference at all and I think they were slightly different? (Correct me if I’m wrong here). Quality seems decent enough, so I mocked up a template and got the polish out to remove the remaining staining.

Click image to enlarge

Easy enough to do! Quite pleased with how it turned out.

Click image to enlarge

Post #667743 27th Jun 2023 11:49pm
JamboM3

Followed up with the rear and another strip for the boot handle from powerful. This one was more bent than the silver one I got sadly. I didn’t do the best job straightening it. But I have to say, I am not sure this looks “right” from the back? I might swap back to silver. Thoughts welcome!

So finally I decided to bite the bullet and remove the front bumper to fit the bumper bar. Powerful reckon you can just “pull” this off without removing it but I ended up with severe blisters trying to get it off, no chance!

Bumper was easy enough to remove, ended up being completely covered in washer fluid though. Literally litres of it all over the drive. Reminded me I noted on the trip to cornwall that I hadn’t seen the headlight washers go off.. one to investigate.

Really pleased with the result, it finally looks cohesive.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #667744 28th Jun 2023 12:05am
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Very nice sir... If you decide to go silver? I found some original JLR silver lettering amongst some old stock the other day... Drop me a PM if of interest sir?

Post #667747 28th Jun 2023 12:49am
dhallworth

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Baltic Blue

Those tyres are superb. I’ve got them on my 4.2 and the 5.0 on the drive home from London was very noisy on the road in comparison.

I ordered a titan tailgate strip from PowerfulUK 18 months ago which was bent. They checked all the others which were also bent so it’s disappointing that they’re still having the same issues.

In the end I got one for my car from Duckworths.

I’ve had another on order from Duckworths for our 2012 AB for over 6 months now so it’s not looking likely that it’s going to come into stock Sad

If anybody has one I’d be interested in it!

David. 2002 4.6 Vogue SE - Alveston Red with Lightstone Leather
2007 Range Rover Supercharged in Java Black with Ivory Leather
2012 Range Rover 5.0 SC Autobiography in Indus Silver with Jet/Ivory Interior
2012 Range Rover 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography in Baltic Blue with Sand Interior

Post #667748 28th Jun 2023 12:59am
JamboM3

Will shoot you a PM Craig, thanks Smile

dhallworth - I managed to fit it straight, so not the end of the world it just makes getting the perfect finish more difficult. I got it largely straight but ended up with a small lip underneath, not visible but every time I open the boot there is a slightly rough edge Sad

It's held on with 3M tape, so I kept the silver one I removed which is still in perfect condition, so I can re-use if needed. And yep, had this issue with LR when I couldn't get an oil cooler! Went aftermarket in the end, glad I did as was about a 5th of the price!

Post #667797 28th Jun 2023 6:17pm
Ennoch

After putting off ideas of changing car until after the summer (I've been enjoying the fast estate too much on dry and repaired tarmac recently), I have the potential option to buy a friend's white 4.4 VSE. I'd always said I wouldn't touch another white car after my ST200 many years ago (with white wheels no less, full Essex spec) but actually, with some tasteful tweaks, the L322 actually wears the white well, particularly the Fuji. I'm still not a fan of black wheels on cars but overall it looks good and yours looks really mint. You've convinced me that as long as the rest of it's okay I'll probably go for it. I just wish more of the later cars had been bought originally by people with a little more imagination than just shades of greyscale!

Post #668400 5th Jul 2023 11:55am
JamboM3

White isn’t a popular SUV choice for sure, I confess to not being a big fan outside of land rovers. I like the black wheels on this, the silver wheels look off on white, much better with the L405 having the diamond cut examples which balances out the strange contrast

You won’t regret (well maybe financially Laughing ) the purchase, nothing like a Range Rover!

Post #669482 20th Jul 2023 2:15pm
JamboM3

Noticed the drivers seat was not cooling as well as it used to, also the AC was taking a while to get cool, so decided to have a regas and air on service. Arranged a mobile guy to come and sort.
A/C now chills almost instantly and proper levels of refrigerant topped up, no leaks and a happy Jambi.

BUT (always a but with these things!) The cooled seat, somehow seemed less cool still. Ruled out the A/C gas, so after a quick search on Google and here it was apparent I needed to check the seat filters. As you can see, the drivers one was a tad grim!

Gave it a solid vacuum and it looked better, not perfect but an improvement. I noted that the pile was quite loose and generally looked a bit sorry for itself.

Click image to enlarge

A quick road test confirmed that it made no real difference and still felt sub par.
So ordered a new one and fitted. What a difference!

Click image to enlarge

Post #669506 20th Jul 2023 9:25pm
JamboM3

For the MOT prep, I noticed that my third/high rear brake light was on the blink with only 2 LEDs functioning.so I decided to get a replacement went genuine as I didn’t like the look of wiring in the powerful ones.

Old one was pretty past it, all matte and scarred from 11 years of UV damage. Hilariously the day I fitted this half the LEDs decided to come back on. But best off replaced to get a fresh MOt.

Fresh LR part delivered, bargain off eBay.

Old one removed, absolutely toast

Click image to enlarge

Compared to the brand new one! So shiny, a courtesy alcohol wipe and a quick spritz of some si02 coating to keep it protected and looking nice. Not pictured but cleaned up the heebie jeebies under the light, was grim.

Click image to enlarge

All fitted and I cannot believe how bright it is!!

Post #669892 26th Jul 2023 10:07pm
JamboM3

MOT all done and it’s annual service. Vehicle will be for sale this week, thanks to the lovely ULEZ expansion.

New (to me) car en route!

Post #669893 26th Jul 2023 10:09pm
Ennoch

JamboM3 wrote:
White isn’t a popular SUV choice for sure, I confess to not being a big fan outside of land rovers. I like the black wheels on this, the silver wheels look off on white, much better with the L405 having the diamond cut examples which balances out the strange contrast

You won’t regret (well maybe financially Laughing ) the purchase, nothing like a Range Rover!

Very true. I've had a TD6 and a 3.6 and both were great, despite not being great examples. There's very little on the road that is actually as good all round. There are many things that handle better, many things that are faster, some things better off road, many things more reliable, and a few things with more soul, but as an all rounder it's a difficult combination to beat. I don't really want to want a full sized Range Rover (and if it said Lada on the front I really couldn't care), but the reality is that I absolutely don't want to be driving around in a pickup all the time (that and they're not really practical for me in the city at the moment, I'd rather just not have the rear canopy and throw bikes in the open back), and most soft roaders are no better than my 335xD in the snow (and it is good in snow, but lack of ground clearance will always be a hindrance). The height also makes bad weather driving so much more relaxing. I know most don't get used in anything like arduous conditions, but when there are amber and red weather warnings these are the times I generally get excited and head for the hills, especially in winter, so having something that's fragile on hidden potholes, FWD/AWD, or unable to deal with just getting there without stressing you out just want to get somewhere.

That's a shame the ULEZ has made you sell yours, what are you getting instead? Luckily the ULEZ in Edinburgh is fairly minor, and if it ever gets expanded I'll be long gone from the area!

Post #670077 29th Jul 2023 10:42pm
bradww

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

JamboM3 wrote:
*SNIP*

A quick road test confirmed that it made no real difference and still felt sub par.
So ordered a new one and fitted. What a difference!

Click image to enlarge

Are these the same part no. for driver and Passsenger?
Where do you locate these and how do you swap them?
Thanks Smile

Post #670142 31st Jul 2023 10:25am
JamboM3

I believe they are as the filters are identical.

It’s located under the seat, just raise them up a bit you will see them. Really near the front, just twist them and they unlock. Made a huge difference to the efficiency of the cooling for mine!

Post #670144 31st Jul 2023 10:37am
bradww

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Ace- thank you!

Post #670145 31st Jul 2023 10:41am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>