Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic > Alarm trigger on disco sport
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Lad

England 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black
Alarm trigger on disco sport

Well nice surprise in the middle of the night as my disco sport alarm triggered. From the bedroom unlocked car with global opening and re locked it with global closing thinking a fly might have flown around in it like, but fired off again. So went out to it opened every door and boot and then re locked it. It locks all the doors but the door mirrors don’t fold in and the alarm beep triggers twice as if a door is open and after maybe 20 secs alarm goes off again. Looked at what triggered last alarm on the instrument panel and it says rear right door unlock. Well it locks and re-opens with remote. But looks like it could a fault with the rear door lock.

I’ve tried locking with one press and two presses on remote but it still triggers the alarm.

Is there anyway to manually lock the car as I can’t manually lock car like the Range Rover, ie push every door lock down and then use key to lock the passenger door so it’s locked but no alarm, I had to bloody shift every car around on the drive and block the car in up against the bushes on drivers side, and the house at rear of car and drive a car into it at the front and drive the Range Rover RIGHT up against it on the passenger side so one can actually get in it as I can’t lock it because the alarm will fire off.

It had a new battery fitted around Jan 22.

Any pointers as to what might be firing the alarm off.

DTC codes that showed at time of alarm were, AHU-Audio system U0011-87 (2E) and IDMA-Interactive Display U0011-87 (2E), same code but different heading.

Cheers

Post #666888 18th Jun 2023 2:44am
Mikey

Scotland 

Lock all doors internally and use key blade to lock final door

This way will not set the alarm Thumbs Up

Post #666896 18th Jun 2023 9:46am
Lad

Cheers Mikey, I got it to lock today, was fed up with it at 2am trying to lock it without the alarm going off, and didn’t think I could lock it manually. Even though there is no manual locking internally on each door, using the blade from within the key fob, I was able to lock it. It locked all doors. The app says it’s unlocked. No alarm gone off today either. I was thinking if you did lose power from the battery I don’t think you would be able to lock it manually.
Will call Land Rover tomorrow to book it in and get it fixed hopefully under extended warranty.

Post #666979 18th Jun 2023 10:58pm
Lad

Bit of an update, can’t book in with Land Rover until end of July, so will have to wait until then to sort problem out but the alarm as just gone off in the middle of the night, we are locking only with blade from key fob which I thought does not set alarm. Well the instrument panel says that the drivers door was the source of alarm this time. No dtc faults stored. Weird. I’m not impressed and i think my neighbours are too. Hopefully the thing doesn't go off again.

Post #667480 25th Jun 2023 2:54am
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Hate alarms.

Is there anything external which could be setting it off? We had a funny issue on an old Hilux, when we parked it near the kitchen window, the microwave would set off the alarm. Does it make a difference where it is parked when the alarm sounds. Is there anything electrical nearby which may be affecting it. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #668454 5th Jul 2023 9:39pm
Lad

Parked same place on our drive for past few years, could park it on the other side but it’s only 15-20ft away. Never had any probs with alarms before with this car or Range Rover or previous land rovers. It’s still being locked via blade within fob until it gets sorted with the dealer. It’s totally locked with the blade and I do check all the doors upon locking just in case, but it does show on the app on the phone as unlocked. We have a steering lock on it too.
Cheers tho.
A family member as a P38 and they reckon a WI-FI signal interferes with their car sometimes depending where they park it on their drive.

Post #668462 5th Jul 2023 11:26pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

P38's were a flipping nightmare for alarm/immobiliser issues! CCTV cameras would stop the fob from unlocking the car, which would leave you one option. This meant operating the door lock manually. This would trip the immobiliser into needing a code to be entered into the door lock manually! If you didn't have the key code you were screwed! Then try asking the AA to recover your car from a multi-storey carpark..... Whistle Rolling Eyes

Post #668463 6th Jul 2023 12:26am
Kot

United Kingdom 

Opps loose connection then on rear door--I must stop speed reading Rolling with laughter 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #668472 6th Jul 2023 8:24am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1