Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Advice on replacing Vacuum hoses
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Ffrr-lover

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Santorini Black
Advice on replacing Vacuum hoses

Hi All

I’ve only been spannering on cars since buying my L322 a few years ago. All that I know was gleaned from this forum, YouTube, and generally working it out as i go.
I’m happy with what I have learned especially as before I started I’d barely touched the washer fluid let alone anything actually needing a tool!

I have a question which is probably very obvious to most on here, but please bear with me!

Given the age and mileage of my car, I am looking to replace the various vacuum hoses around the engine. I have purchased a length of silicone hose with a 4mm diameter, and another length with 6mm as suggested elsewhere on this forum.

I have located the vacuum pump on the left hand side of the engine and see lots of pipes going in several directions. My assumption was that i simply pop off the old hose, and replace it with the new hose and away we go. However, when I take a quick look I see lots of hoses, some ridged, and some flexible. I also see some pipes with connectors rather than just pushing on (with or without spring clips).

Do I replace just the flexible hoses leaving the ridged ones alone? Unless they are damaged of course…
I assume that I’d remove the old flexible hose off the rigid hoses (cutting if necessary) and push on the new hose (with a little lube to help)?

Are the vacuum hoses held in place by friction and spring clips only? Or are some connected using special connectors?

I’ve looked over this forum as well as googling, but am struggling to find any guides on how to do this… If i have missed anything then sorry, i did try! Currently driving: 2012 L322 SE Overfinch 4.4 tdv8

Past rides:
2014 Audi Q7 3.0d (good riddance)
2010 L322 Autobiography 5.0 Supercharged
2011 L320 HSE 3.0 sdv6
2014 Jaguar XF-RS 5.0 supercharged
2007 BMW 535D
2005 Mini Cooper S

https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic59478.html

Post #664028 13th May 2023 7:43pm
Ajmngn

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

Ffrr-lover - I’m also interested in this. Did you get any further with your investigations? I know you can only buy a whole new vacuum harness as one item and not individual constituent parts, and also not sure of the quality of the hoses provided. So, replacing individual hoses like for like seems a good plan with some quality aftermarket hose.

Have you sourced any diagrams that might help the task by any chance or are you just following each individual hose end to end? Andy

2010 4.4TDV8 Vogue SE in Santorini Black with Ivory interior
2017 Audi SQ5 3.0 V6T Quattro in Volcano Red
2001 Audi Allroad 2.5 TDI manual with low-range in Highland Green. Currently SORN whilst undergoing some serious restoration!

Post #670080 29th Jul 2023 11:35pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1