Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Alarm Issues - BBUS replacement and now double beep
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tony90

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Galway Green
Alarm Issues - BBUS replacement and now double beep

Hi all,

I have been reading your posts for some time and love the forum. Apologies for the lengthy first post however wanted to give some context.

I’m the proud owner of a 2011 TDV8 vogue in Galloway Green. I have owned her for over 18 months and my first Land and Range Rover. As you will imagine I have done a fair amount of reading since ownership and located a very good Indie for maintenance/repairs.

In recent weeks I needed to replace the starter - this was all done after numerous attempts that failed before my alarm sounding and my presumption that the battery was low hence the alarm… I couldn’t at this point stop the alarm when unlocking so turned off the ignition and then disconnected the negative. I then charged the battery with my CTeK, that took a good while so battery was extremely low. neighbour informed me that the alarm had been going off intermittently a few days before that we hadn’t heard. I managed to start the truck after charging the battery and took to the garage for the starter replacement. No warnings on the dash when connecting the battery and did the usual window reset. The garage were also aware that the alarm had gone off. Starter fitted and picked up the truck however when returning to my drive the alarm started to sound. I spoke to the garage who said it hasn’t gone off while they had it but to bring back and they will take a look - no codes stored when they did the reading however we disconnected the bonnet sensor as it looked iffy and it then didn’t seem to go off….

I collected the truck and left the bonnet sensor blanked. It seemed to cure the issue and garage did for free as a simple job. However after 4 days we were notified that the alarm was sounding. No hazard lights flashing but a pound siren (that I now know is BBUS). Couldn’t lock the car so had to take back to the garage. They plugged in and again no codes for triggered alarms. After some trouble shooting and finding - they said it looks like the BBUS was duff so replaced it. Picked up the truck on Tuesday however when opening with the fob 2 alert beeps sounded (like when you try and lock and a door is open). I spoke with the garage and they seemed stumped as no codes had come back and the technician hadn’t been aware why it would sound on opening… as they had already spent some time on it and £, I took the truck back and they seemed confident that the original alarm issue should be resolved as they had uncovered quite a few green wires when looking at the BBUS!

So far the truck has sat on the drive with no alarms but scratching my head to why now I have 2 alerts with opening. The only time I heard the alerts when opening before was when the alarm set off and I unlocked with the FOB. I haven’t tried it much since as I’m a little paranoid the alarm gremlin is still there so while sitting silently I’ll take it! I have read the manual and can’t see anything on this - couldn’t find anything on the forum and lots of Google searches. Quite a bit on why it beeps on trying to lock but not on unlock.

BBUS replaced and alarm seems to be settled however the 2 chimes are playing on my mind / should I do something. Garage is happy to take back to look but again will be investigating.

I have read some related posts to resetting or hard reset needed but unsure. The indie I use is a very good garage and have guys with 30 year experience.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Post #671388 17th Aug 2023 1:24pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1