Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Spotted > Spotted: My Previous FFRR Tonga TD6 Vogue!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black
Spotted: My Previous FFRR Tonga TD6 Vogue!!

How often do you see one of your previous cars? rarely in my experience.

We were driving down to the CLA GAme Fair on Saturday on the A43 southbound past Silverstone (never seen so many Jaguar E Types and probably never will again- shame to see so many broken down too)

Anyway, you know how your eye catches the familiar shape of a FFRR and you always glance at it, saw this car coming in the opposite direction, clocked it was a Tonga and quickly looked at the number plate and registered after it had gone past that it was my last car, BG05 FOC. Took a second or two to sink in but I was pleased to see it was all shiny and still looking good in the nano second of us passing each other. Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #73621 25th Jul 2011 10:00am
M44K TS

England 

It's always weird seeing your old cars, it's happened to me twice, both Audi's in fact.

1st time was seeing my old A6, driving through Morpeth one night with my mate just talking about previous cars we've owned, I was saying about how nice the A6 drove, my mate commented about how he forgot what it looked like, just as he said that, my old A6 went across a roundabout in front of me, "identical to that one, erm, hang on, it IS that one!!" I followed it for a little bit and it looked like it was still in pristine condition.

2nd time was seeing my A4 Avant going up the A1, when I sold that car it was showroom clean, not a mark on it, sold it to a couple about 5 miles away, when I saw it that day, the wheels were brown with brake dust, the paint was dull and it looked like it had a big scuff on the front bumper, they obviously didn't take much care with it which is a real shame as it was nice. 2006 Mercedes CLS
1991 Retro-style Mini
But really finding it hard to fight the urge for a S/C...

Post #73628 25th Jul 2011 10:39am
PJS

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

It is weird, to know someones driving a car that you once owned and looked after. Saw my Nissan the other week and it was pretty weird Smile

Post #73719 25th Jul 2011 7:07pm
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

I think it's best not to see your old car in somebody else's care - it's usually depressing......... I have also refused to sell on cars to family members although I did buy my first ever car from my mother - genuinely one careful lady owner!!

I have seen my old Freelander1 around in this area but the current owner has added chromed side tubes, chromed roof rails chromed window surrounds.................. on a White Gold car. Not depressing just pass the sick bag - thank goodness I had a private plate on it in my ownership and it reverted to it's original issued plate so I can pretend I don't know who owned it before! 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #74100 29th Jul 2011 9:12am
Andy

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

I had a black 1983 XR3i which I used to show at the owners club days. All original, nothing messed with. I sold it to buy an MR2 and saw the XR one day going the other way. Quickly turned around and followed it to a grubby council estate. On closer inspection, it was a mess. The original interior had been swapped for mk4 seats, alloys replaced with sierra cosworth rims, rear valance cut away for a drainpipe exhaust. So depressing. 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #77650 26th Aug 2011 12:20am
pretlove

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

i would have nicked them for lack of taste.....what a shame "RANGEISM WILL NOT BE TOLERATED"
www.futuresecurityservices.co.uk
Pretlove says , '' I want my car back Sad "

Post #77652 26th Aug 2011 12:38am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1