Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > Price protection
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
d3rm0

Price protection

Hi All,

When I originally placed my order two years ago I was promised price protection. The car costs today £140k PHEH AB. I have no record of the original price but I have been told it was £134k, I had in my mind that there was a price rise of £10k+, how could I check this £134k is correct?

Thanks

Post #677862 13th Nov 2023 6:11pm
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

You could try press reports online on the car dating from the time of your order, they often have lists of prices, but not of course all the possible options you might have specified.

The latest word to me from the dealer about the order process was that the customer had to accept any price and spec changes between order and delivery, but would have the right to have any deposit returned if they decided not to proceed, i.e. one could take or leave the car on the basis supplied, no price fixes.

There seem more new cars available nowadays, so perhaps the balance of bargaining power is shifting to favour the customer more. This would mirror developments in the "luxury" goods market in general, where notably the Chinese market has become tougher, but presumably elsewhere is affected too. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #677865 13th Nov 2023 6:39pm
d3rm0

Thanks CS I have searched high and low but the issue is that its not the base price its also the options that have gone up

Post #678169 17th Nov 2023 9:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1