Home > Technical (L322) > infra-red blocking windows on L322 2007-2009 series
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Jd1566

Australia 
infra-red blocking windows on L322 2007-2009 series

Hello,
I have read on "Cliff's Unofficial L322 `Full Fat`Range Rover buyer's guide" that infra-red blocking windows were only released in the 2008MY of the first facelifted version (2007-2009), but after downloading every RR catalogue known to man (some found here on fullfattrr - thanks!) and going through them with a fine toothcomb.. I can't find ANY reference to infra-red glass for any of the L322's.

Does anyone else here have more info on model by model changes over the years? And hopefully info on the Infra-red windows? It's particularly important for me because I'm considering a 2007 TDV8 3.6 and I'm in Australia, where the sun is.. let's just say.. Dangerous!

Thanks in advance for any help given

Post #680593 17th Dec 2023 11:46pm
garyRR

United Kingdom 

It may be terminology, however the L322 had solar attenuating glass to the windscreen from 2008 onwards (I believe it was an option prior to this - maybe check for the term in the brochure), claiming to absorb the sun's infrared opposed to allowing it to pass through. I believe it reached the side windows when the double glazing/laminated glass was introduced in 2009/10, as the windows are also stamped. My 2011 definitely has the tinge of colour to the windscreen and side windows.

If your vehicle doesn't have it, you can of course get IR tint done, without needing to get any glass replaced. I imagine that's quite common in Australia? 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 SDV8

Post #680595 18th Dec 2023 1:12am
Jd1566

Australia 

Thanks GaryRR for that.. clearing up my terminology. The L322 I'm looking at is the equivalent of a UK Vogue SE. Sold in Australia as a Vogue Luxury, so it has a lot of the Supercharger goodies.. but not all. However no mention of what type of glass. I guess I'll just have to sit in it on a hot day and see how bad it is.

Post #680599 18th Dec 2023 7:21am
GraemeS

Australia 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Bournville

You won't need a hot day, just the sun shining to determine whether or not the glass is solar attenuating as there is basically no heat transferred.

Post #680601 18th Dec 2023 8:06am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1