Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L405) > Rear heater, which vents does it supply? roof is cold
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
andygts

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor
Rear heater, which vents does it supply? roof is cold

I've just been very lucky apart from being dropped offhome on a recovery truck, I've popped a boost hose today under heavy acceleration and that has destroyed 2 coolant pipes, luckily I've managed to make 1 still work and the other I just happened to have on the shelf in the garage as I'd had to buy the complete hose for another part off it 😁

When refilling the coolant I don't appear to be getting any more air into the header tank, the level isn't dropping any more but the rear overhead heater vents don't feel warm, everyother vent is???

Ive never sat in the rear and the 10 year old that normally does isn't a reliable source for if the vents have ever been warm.... Should they be? I've been through every setting on the dash, nothings locked out,

I can't find an airflow diagram either of how it is distributed from the rear heater box.

I followed the workshop manual to the letter, been out for a drive in it and they are still cold???

Any ideas? Current
2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8
2001 Porsche 911 Turbo
+ Many other non LR products

Post #680356 14th Dec 2023 9:01pm
fisha

2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aruba

Rear matrix feeds the roof vents and the ones in lower sections under the rear seats. The front heater matrix feeds the vents in the middle by the dials.

To bleed the rear, you HAVE to disconnect the header tank from its mounts and raise it as high as it can go whilst still attached by its pipes ( in the region of 10 to 15cm higher ) … it’s described in the workshop manual … iirc there is a smaller pipe which is quite fragile, so be careful. Also have the header controls set to highest temp possible.

I was in the same position as yourself, and i I tried all sorts to bleed the system. Only once the tank was raised, then it took the rest of the fluid and bled through. I think there is a high point in the rear heater matrix, which needs the header tank to be above for bleeding. You wouldn’t think it would that much of a different, but for me it worked. V8 or else ...

Post #680504 17th Dec 2023 12:02am
Phoenix

United Kingdom 

Last edited by Phoenix on 23rd Dec 2023 10:57pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #680521 17th Dec 2023 9:55am
andygts

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

I followed the manual to the letter, I've also got a nice slope on the drive to aid in getting the expansion bottle higher but it's still airlocked.

I'm back on shift now so going to run it to work for the week in the hope it self burbs and clears, if not I'll buy thre vacuum kit and re do it over christmas. Current
2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8
2001 Porsche 911 Turbo
+ Many other non LR products

Post #680752 19th Dec 2023 3:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1