Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > 2005 Facelift TD6 Vogue high miler
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 7 1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey
2005 Facelift TD6 Vogue high miler

Well here is a copy and paste of my introduction post.

I'll update as i go along but this week will see the car used to ferry the family to Skegness Butlins(young kids so its a great place for all of us!) but i need to crack on and get the bootlid drivers side lock sorted asap when i get back.

Well I picked up my new toy on friday!!

Here she is

She is a litte scruffy as she has had a dog, often wet by the smell of it, in her boot which pongs and i am working on, and the odd scrape to the leather so i'm getting a dye from the gliptone guys at some point.
Also got her a trade sale so no silly price was paid for the downside of having no warranty and she isn't cleaned at all.

Items so far on the list are,
Update sat nav ;) DONE
Sort scrapes out with a proper dye kit and then feed the leather with gliptone Partly Done
Get the exterior sorted by a detailer
get a warranty thats half way decent(hard when the car has covered 125k) not possible as yet
Swap wheels over to the 6 spoke type or buy a set with some proper snow weather tyres (current ones are michelin M+S i think)
replace some damaged parts (lower storage units in boot where the dog has chewed the leather grab handle off!) DONE Partly....
Get a rigid boot liner DONE
get a detachable towbar, the ones on ebay seem good DONE
swap the front grille for a grey/black one DONE
get the gearbox fluid changed
get the engine chipped
Clay bar exterior DONE

If anyone knows of a place where i can get the locking solenoid for the drivers side lower half of the boot i'd appreciate it :)

also lots of pictures here of the car
http://www.flickr.com/photos/65819956@N03/

Though i really like this one
http://www.flickr.com/photos/65819956@N03/.../lightbox/

PS the pic below is how she started out in my ownership :)

Click image to enlarge
 FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Last edited by kingpleb on 24th Jan 2013 1:22pm. Edited 4 times in total

Post #74341 31st Jul 2011 6:27pm
nbunney

United Kingdom 

I've got 5 19" wheels and tyres for sale.

Have a look here:
http://www.fullfatrr.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=199

Thumbs Up

Post #74352 31st Jul 2011 7:42pm
kingpleb

Cheers nbunny I'll have a look :-)

Today got one item on the list sorted, hard surface boot liner for £22 off eBay brand new :-D

Post #74551 2nd Aug 2011 8:41pm
kingpleb

Well just won a new spare wheel well cover for £15.99 and hope to get a few more boot carpet pieces to get rid of the wet dog smell!!

Post #74698 4th Aug 2011 7:07am
kingpleb

Well it turns out the seller thought that by putting a buy it now on the item it would set a reserve on it... It didn't and I had already paid them when they said they wouldn't sell it so when I get home today I'll have to do the eBay compliant route which is a bit of a bummer.

On another note I've ordered the boot lock solenoid today for £28 and pick it up Wednesday, and also a a nice supercharged grille for £130 brand new and painted Smile

Next on the list will be the gearbox oil at this rate and maybe a home service but Mr Wiggs has a pm for a new BT and mate digi tv module Very Happy

Post #75244 8th Aug 2011 1:35pm
dan_uk_1984

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Tonga Green

The only thing you can really do is leave him negative feedback. What a tosser though.

eBay is a nightmare at the moment. It often takes me 2 or 3 times to actually sell something through to completion - and a seller cant leave negative feedback anymore Censored 

Post #75246 8th Aug 2011 2:11pm
Pauld

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

I have a rubber boot liner from a TD6 you can have for £25.00

it is used and could do with a wash.

Post #75251 8th Aug 2011 3:29pm
Pauld

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

now washed!

Post #75265 8th Aug 2011 5:28pm
HUGI

Switzerland 2006 Range Rover Vogue Supercharged Java Black

Nice!

could you upload some interrior pics? and may be make before and after shots from the gliptone ?? would be great!

Post #75267 8th Aug 2011 5:57pm
kingpleb

Gliptone already done I'm afraid hugi but need to clean it out tomorrow anyway after a week holiday with the family it needs it! So will see if I can do some before and afters then :-)

Yes as a seller on eBay I hate that myself now :-(
Just keep on the hunt for the boot parts I want.

Thanks for the rubber load liner offer Paul but I've already got one, plastic not rubber I think, but need the carpetted sections to get rid of the dog smell!

Another job off the list was the rear silencer, previously part black part silver I hated seeing it looking pants as I walked up from behind the car. Now it's all painted black but will see how long the paint lasts as it may need a Hammerite jobi to do it right.

A gearbox fluid and filter hunt will be next on the cards I reckon...

Post #75276 8th Aug 2011 8:40pm
kingpleb

Well today after i had a short lived nap i gave the seats a quick hoover, wash, zymol, wash, then gliptone once dry.
the full lot are Here
Pictures are below...

Here are the products used..

Then this is the first bucket of just water cleaning.

The buckets are the zymol were pretty much the same. the technique i use is to wash down with a warm wet (not dripping!) wool mitt, and rinse after each seat section, ie base, rinse, back, rinse. Then i move onto spraying the zymol on and rubbing it in and leaving it for a minute(not letting it dry) as per below pics.

After the wet wash before zymol.

then during Zymol

After zymol

now once that has been washed off and dried its time for the Gliptone..

Technique with this is to rub it in like moisturiser and leave it to dry and then do some more if you want. I move the front seats into the full upright position as where the shoulder section can fold forward leaves crease marks on the leather and they will eventually crack, so straightening them out stretches them a little and makes them more willing to take on some moisture giving love.

They then look very wet, almost glossy and need to be left at least 24hours to dry out properly before driving and will be a little 'tacky'. especially the steering wheel and drivers seat as these see the most wear and thus more love is needed on them.

Blobs of gliptone before rub in

Rubbed in
Click image to enlarge

I am however still annoyed with the previous owners as there are still dog hairs engrained in parts of the car, as can be seen from some photos there are patches of dirt as well that are hidden unless seats are moved (moral of story is to move all seats when cleaning!) and still the faint whiff of wet dog...

Also onto duckworthparts as i need a lower tailgate wiring loom, lower tailgate release button(also the newer style rubber cover), and passenger side locking latch as the mechanism and motor in that one is also fubard.

The annoying thing is the motor doesnt seem to fail at first, but the plastic ring gear that turns the latch to unlock loses some teeth, then the motor burns out as it seems to know it hasn't fully opened...
This isn't available on its own or even without the metal case which is a bit pants but i guess makes LR's life a little easier.

next is that i have had a quote for some painting work, all the interior plastics that are Brunnel, and also the rubber black ones to be painted up. I will strip and prep them myself but i've been quoted about 2hrs of labour to spray them up in gloss black. Will get this done before the end of sept as i hope they will wear better.

Also got a quote on the damaged rear seat, nipper caught it with a stone in his trainers and its tore through part of the piping and heavily scuffed into the seat.
Its going to cost about £125 to repair it, a deep clean, a repair then a polish i think they call it. If its the same price for all seats may get them all done as all are scuffed in some way or other which leads into the next item on the list which is the seat covers i know have to buy to protect at least the back seat bench and back, also the fronts at some point.

Also still wanting the later style.supercharged front grille, dont fancy the side vents as they are far too 'bling' for me, no offence to all SC owners but on a TD6 Vogue is would make it look to Wayne Wover for me Smile

Also does anyone have or can reccomend a NON-OE towbar. ive seen the odd kit on ebay, for about £130 all in so they say, even at that price i dont mind if the wiring isn't all there and i still need to get the OE stuff as DWP's has quoted circa £100 for the loom section i need (already have a control/relay box for it in the drivers side boot area), then i will need to get on with driving with a trailer a lot so i can pass my CAT +E driving licence otherwise i cant tow anything over circa 750kg on the back Sad

Post #75946 12th Aug 2011 7:50pm
kingpleb

Today i stuck this little bueaty on Smile

Here is the old one for comparison, subtle but nice change i think Smile

And if i had been paid when i told i should be i would have been getting bits like the tailgate wiring loom, passenger side solenoid ordered and the clips as well from LR duckworth, then getting the towbar kit ordered from an ebay seller and getting the proper LR wiring for it if i didnt think theirs was upto the job but ho hum, stuffed over again Sad

Cant even drive it until next week now as i either have money for the train and lunch, or stick the £20 in the tank Sad

Oh well full tank of go juice next week and maybe get some bio mixed in as well to clean the system out Very Happy

Post #76593 17th Aug 2011 7:45pm
GregP

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover HSE Td6 Adriatic Blue

Nice work with the seats and the grill looks Thumbs Up FFRR TD6 HSE
Adriatic Blue with Parchment leather.

Post #76595 17th Aug 2011 7:49pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

+1
that pre-facelift type grill works really well with your range's colour..

Post #76610 17th Aug 2011 10:18pm
kingpleb

Cheers Gents Smile

Wish it was a closer color match but guess i can maybe do that when i get the vents done in the coming months but other bits are more important right now Smile

Post #76620 18th Aug 2011 7:28am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 7 1234567>