Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Fuel gauge problem again!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
MND

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Zermatt Silver
Fuel gauge problem again!

A year ago the fuel gauge on my 2010 4.4 started to read empty when there was plenty of diesel left. Eventually it went in to limp mode only allowing me to drive 300yards before stopping. With help from this forum I found out it was the connector plugs on the pump wiring. As the tank was full & I had no way of draining it, I only managed to replace the top black connector (blue & black wires) by soldering & shrink tube. Thankfully this cured the problem. Unfortunately it has now returned.
Yesterday I drained the tank, removed the pump assembly, & removed the bottom black plug. Once it was all back together, I switched the ignition on & off four times to prime the system & started the car as the fuel gauge was now reading.
Five minutes later I started the car again but the gauge was showing no fuel. When I took it for a short drive down the road it seemed fine for a mile or so, but on turning around to go home there was a strange wining noise from the engine bay area. I parked it for the night, but this morning it wouldn't start. I fear that the noise might have been the high pressure pump.
Any ideas as to why the gauge is showing empty & also as to the noise?

Post #685350 11th Feb 2024 3:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1