Home > Wheels & Tyres > Serious off road wheels for the L460
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
MattVonKlausenburg

Romania 
Serious off road wheels for the L460

Hi all,
New member here, I want to post a question after failing to find the answer reading other threads...

The L460 is probably the best automobile I have driven, i.e. it encompasses most of the qualities I seek in a car with little to no disadvantages. And it is build to excel off road. However with 22s and all seasons, it's a no-start.

Usualy that's no biggie, folks can get aftermarket chunky beadlock rims and fit high profile MT tires, but searching for rims for the L460 I saw nothing.

I think 20" is the smallest that fits, but due to the lug design, I can't find anything compatible. I mean there was one Dezent TV rim, but it has 5 flimsy, thin double spokes. They look like they are made to get the kids to school.
Aren't there any serious aftermarket off road rims to put on the L460?

Anybody put some serious meats under the fender? I would like the largest, most agressive tire that fits the car without cutting anything. Would mount the rims just before the trip, and put the street wheels when I'm done.

Only option I saw was to use L461 20x8.5 rims and put 275/55 or 275/60 tires. But they look too small, especially that the L461 rims have more negative offset, so they tuck in even more. Car would benefit from rims that stick out a bit.

Anybody care to share their wisdom on the matter? (and their pics:) )

Post #686320 23rd Feb 2024 11:17pm
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

See Westminster's pictures on the L460 -20" wheels possible thread below. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #686355 24th Feb 2024 3:16pm
MattVonKlausenburg

Romania 

Thanks for the pointer, those are the wheels I found to be compatible, althouth they are a little narrow at 8.5, and they stick in more than the rolling stock. I don't think I can stick a 305/55 without touching the inner fender / control arms, that's why I was looking for something like 20X9, with an ET of around 35?

Also, though the best option as to current factory rims, the Style 5125 are not the rims I am looking for (in an Obi Wan voice).

I am thinking of something like this, only a bit more agressive

Post #686482 26th Feb 2024 8:35am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1