Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > The classic L322 lower-front HK speaker issue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
rryan

United Kingdom 
The classic L322 lower-front HK speaker issue

Hi all,

My lower speaker on the passenger side has now gone crackly and I'm looking at replacements. Naturally there are outlets, aswell as LR who supply OEM parts but, this is relatively low down on my priorities vs mechanicals... but sound is still important!

I've not dissected it yet but, being the facelift 2009 Vogue, I'm assuming mine will be the XQM500420.

I wondered if the previous part no XQM500170 is interchangeable with the newer XQM500420? I've been shopping around and seen a fair few used -170s which are half the price vs the brand new -420.

I don't see why it wouldn't be but wanted to be sure before ordering.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

Post #686577 27th Feb 2024 11:49am
garyRR

United Kingdom 

Yes, the old part has been superceded by that part number. You can actually change the speaker without needing to remove the full door card - just pop the bottom clips out and the door card will lever enough to get a T20 screwdriver in there to swap the speaker over.

Also consider the GAS PS3M62, which is a retrofit, and better quality than the Harman Kardon speaker. 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 SDV8

Post #686619 27th Feb 2024 7:43pm
rryan

United Kingdom 

Perfect, cheers Gary. The fact it’s so easy to get it out, I’ll check my part no to see what I’m working with. I didn’t fancy taking the whole door card off just to see which I had!

Regardless of which version I have, are they both interchangeable ie if I had the newer part, could I fit the older version? Just saves me a few ££s to focus on the more important mechanicals but still sort my sound out.

Cheers again.

Post #686625 27th Feb 2024 8:54pm
garyRR

United Kingdom 

Yes it's interchangeable - in terms of specifications, the parts are exactly the same.

Just beware if you buy any used ones, they may be suffering cone rub also, or close to end of life as well. 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 SDV8

Post #686650 28th Feb 2024 12:17am
rryan

United Kingdom 

Very good point. Thanks for your help on that one, much appreciated.

Post #686677 28th Feb 2024 1:48pm
Paul H

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Stornoway Grey

Just be aware that the 420 and 430 look almost identical but have different connections ( guess who forgot to check before ordering!), I got mine direct from jaguarlandroverclassic.com and they really are a doddle to fit, 15 minutes max, there is a good YouTube video on it that is worth a watch [/url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws2soh_6KX0&t=262s [/url] 2011 L322 Autobography - a lot of bells and some of the whistles...owner with no idea!

Post #686679 28th Feb 2024 2:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1