Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Weird issue with IHU
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
chbech

Norway 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Buckingham Blue
Weird issue with IHU

Hey!

I've had some issues with my head unit/stereo.

I had water ingress which destroyed my old amp (a XQK500104) and i replaced it with a new one bearing a slightly different part number (XQK500105).

After this i finally (at least 70% of the time) can get past the Land Rover screen (no blinking power led - it stays solid).

But now i cant select CD or TV. The buttons look normal, but nothing happens when i press it. Furthermore, the volume knob on the IHU does not do anything, but the steering wheel buttons work.

I've tried to bypass both the bluetooth and tv module, but to no avail.

Scanned with GAP IID and i get the following codes:

U2003-31 (28 ) Fibre optic communication bus - Frequency modulation/pulse width modulation failure - no signal (This one comes and goes)
    U1A03-62 (2B) Vehicle configuration parameter - Algorithm based failure - signal compare failure

Anyone with a clever theory for a fix? Do i simply have to recode the ACM ECU for the new amp? (Which i guess i can't do with my GAP IID.

Might there be a false positive from one of the MOST modules? I've read that someone with a sort of similar situation experienced a fix from doing a MOST-self test, which I would do if I could only access the diagnostic mode. Would a hard reset (touching battery leads together) maybe solve the problem with accessing diagnostic mode?

Also, I cannot enter the diagnostic screen anymore. Holding the top center for 5-6 seconds and then the nav button wont do anything anymore.

Attaching an image from the last time I was able to enter the MOST diagnostic screen.

Click image to enlarge

Post #689226 28th Mar 2024 2:04pm
chbech

Norway 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Buckingham Blue

Update - Solved

Finally I managed to solve this issue!

It seems that switching the AMP with a newer unit made the ACM ECU not recognize the amp.

What I did was:

1. Hold the info button (to make the IHU create a popup) - I could not do the following steps until i first did this. (I tried about 25 times for over 4 days, hard reset etc.)
    2. Hold the top of the screen for 5 seconds (at the main menu)
    3. Hold the NAV button for 5 seconds immediately after
    4. Enter the code 134679
    5. Run the MOST Test until it stops or reaches 1500 ish
    6. Hit the Reset MOST NetServices button
    7. Hit the ID button and wait until it stops
    8. Exit the menu and voila! It's all back.

Dont know why this worked other that it seems that the ID initiates a scan for the units connected.

Post #689461 30th Mar 2024 10:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1