Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > EAS Fault -leak found on air line to receiver -Susp inactive
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
swast4

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black
EAS Fault -leak found on air line to receiver -Susp inactive

Hi Guys,
I have had an EAS fault for a while, which is reservoir not reaching pressure in time, this I put down to a worn out compressor. I have lived with it for a year or so as I bought a EASC from GAP diagnostics (which is very good by the way) and when it comes up in fault I just reset it. Anyway I got an old compressor from Rob and striped it down to see how everything works, had a good read of the Rave Manual and then had a good look at my compressor system, to see feasibility of fitting another compressor.

Whilst I was checking where all the pipes go I noticed the compressor discharge pipe that goes via my relief valve goes out of wheel well and goes behind a panel under the car (where the O/S passenger seat is, on chassis), has a leak on it, where it goes above the suspension arm, tucked out of the way. I have heard a hissing noise before when the compressor was running but just presumed it was the suspension leveling itself off, but it isn't !

I have chopped this pipe and am sourcing a replacement section which I hope will improve my compressors performance. I suspect it is still worn but this certainly doesn't help. I can't attached a photo but maybe Rob will but it isn't very clear.

So if you can hear a hissing noise from under the O/S/R wheel when the compressor is on, you may also have a leak.

Adam

Post #76137 14th Aug 2011 8:35am
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

Hi Adam,
Thanks for the compliment on the EASControl. Thumbs Up

You can use an outside pic hoster such as picasa or photobucket too if that's any easier. Or mail me your pics and I'll get them up if you like.

I'd really be interested in pics of the torn down compressor as I mentioned in the other thread. I can't imagine that the L322 compressor is much more difficult to repair than the P38 compressor. I've not been able to find a worn compressor inexpensively (haven't looked real hard either tho). I'm very curious... 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s
(wife thinks I'm nuts - prob right, too)

Post #76179 14th Aug 2011 1:50pm
swast4

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

Here is the picture of the damaged air line, bad quality I know.

Click image to enlarge

Post #76292 15th Aug 2011 1:52pm
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

nice cupboard, though Laughing 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s
(wife thinks I'm nuts - prob right, too)

Post #76433 16th Aug 2011 11:12am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1