Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > 2004 54 plate RR vogue digital tv - is it really possible
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

Laughing

when you get to my age you dont bother with that kind of stuff... Very Happy

Post #76978 21st Aug 2011 6:33pm
stu

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Orkney Grey

when you get to my age you can't be bothered anyway.. Laughing Current: TDV8 (3.6) RRS HSE

Past: TDV8(4.4) Vogue
Discovery 3 Commercial
TDV8(3.6) Vogue
TD6 Vogue
D2 V8 ES
D1 V8 ES
RR Vogue Classic

Post #76979 21st Aug 2011 6:37pm
Aurrian

2005 Range Rover Vogue SE Td6 Java Black
2005 L322 GVIF digital TV upgrade

Hi everyone.

RR8701 - are you any further forward? Did you make a decision yet?

I want to do a DTB upgrade too.

It's possible to get the hybrid unit (but for nearly £500) Would this definitely not work in my 2005 touch screen car?

The GVIF cable looks good for £200, but obvious limitations, are the extra wires, buttons and remote controls - bit messy, but overall cheaper, and more versatile.

Anyone have any experience, pictures, guides for fitting this in L322? I've seen guides etc for RRsport and disco.

Anyone got any other suggestions?

Thanks for any help

Smile

Post #78522 31st Aug 2011 6:13pm
RR8701

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black
Re: 2005 L322 GVIF digital TV upgrade

Aurrian wrote:
Hi everyone.

It's possible to get the hybrid unit (but for nearly £500) Would this definitely not work in my 2005 touch screen car?

The GVIF cable looks good for £200, but obvious limitations, are the extra wires, buttons and remote controls - bit messy, but overall cheaper, and more versatile.

Anyone have any experience, pictures, guides for fitting this in L322? I've seen guides etc for RRsport and disco.

Thanks for any help
Smile

Hi Aurrian

Well to be honest, I have kind of postponed looking into this but I can pass on some information I have. From my point of view buying a hybrid tuner for 400-500 pounds second hand is just far too much money to get freeview tv even if it is integrated into the front screen usage.

I personally dont mind spending 500 pounds but I would want a lot more for it. If you were to do it in the way of getting a GVIF box and getting it connected to a freeview box etc this opens up the options a lot, in to adding other things such as not only a reversing camera but other cameras if you really want... and this could probably all be done for under the £500 and you would have many more features in your car.

As for your question if a hybrid tuner would work on a 54/05 plate touch screen RR, I have been told many time it would 100% work and its literally a plug and play thing, take out old one, put in new one and hey presto your done. I hope someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Currently I am actually looking into the idea of just putting freeview into the back flipdown screen I have, all I would need to do is add on the freeview box to the AV2 and hey presto that would be me... but this suits me as i only watch the tv if im parked up waiting for someone for a couple hours or 30 mins etc and i wouldnt mind jumping into the back, putting my heated seat on, getting some snacks, leaning on my arm rest and relaxing haha....

anyway if you need more info, im sure some of the guys on the forum will pop by to help, they have a great level of knowledge.

Post #78561 31st Aug 2011 9:44pm
Aurrian

2005 Range Rover Vogue SE Td6 Java Black

Thanks for that.

Useful to know that the hybrid unit would work if i got one cheap, but i agree it's a lot of cash for a second hand unit.

The gvif interface certainly seems to offer more options to add freeview, and reverse camera, but poss DVD changer or even HDD media player. Im swinging that way, but not to hot with car electrics and a bit worried about tapping into the wiring loom.

I'd be very grateful for any advice from anyone who has experience of a similar upgrade. I've bodged together a networked media setup in the housse, so i'm up for it but a not too confident about messing around witgh the car electrics without a guide!! Confused

Post #78564 31st Aug 2011 10:17pm
RR8701

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

Aurrian wrote:
Thanks for that.

Useful to know that the hybrid unit would work if i got one cheap, but i agree it's a lot of cash for a second hand unit.

The gvif interface certainly seems to offer more options to add freeview, and reverse camera, but poss DVD changer or even HDD media player. Im swinging that way, but not to hot with car electrics and a bit worried about tapping into the wiring loom.

I'd be very grateful for any advice from anyone who has experience of a similar upgrade. I've bodged together a networked media setup in the housse, so i'm up for it but a not too confident about messing around witgh the car electrics without a guide!! Confused

haha, I am very much in the same boat as you but I am very handy with other things and I have not came across anything I have not been able to do to date.

One suggestion I will give when it comes to the RR is that whatever you do make sure you do it properly, Every connection you make is 100% secure, inslutated and not lose. even if you do cut into a wire, its like any other wire, its possible to get the wee connection thing, connect it again etc but I think with the number of issues possible with an RR people become a bit scared of doing anything as I was.

When I bought my RR, my steering column would go in and out, as in my reach wasnt working, so I ordered a little tool kit that had all the wee torx bits and I undone the three bottom screws, opened it slowly, undone the clips and there was some "gunk" that was essentially stopping the spindle from fully retracting. I gave that a small wipe, quick spray of 3 in 1 oil and its been working great ever since and i put it all back exactly the way it should be.

If I make any plans or get more info on this GVIF set up, ill defo post it up... tc

Post #78567 31st Aug 2011 10:28pm
tanertimur

England 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black
Re: 2005 L322 GVIF digital TV upgrade

Aurrian wrote:
Hi everyone.

Thanks for any help

Smile

Im thinking of a gvif unit too, it just seems future proof if you ever want to add additional thing to it
You can. Range rover td6 54 reg touch screen

Post #82062 17th Sep 2011 8:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12