Home > Technical (L322) > OBD Scanners/Readers Info
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
Larry

England 2006 Range Rover SE Td6 Java Black

BBS SPY wrote:
Content temporarily deleted pending edit

I saw this post last night and decided that I wanted to go to bed before midnight Smile so decided to read it today only to discover it's gawn! BBS SPY, any chance of putting it back on and letting us read it (edited or otherwise)?

Can someone summarise this thread, or make a definitive statement on what is the best solution, or maybe if anyone is bored, do a comparision table so we can make our minds up with all the factors (cost, ease of use, ongoing costs, scope of application etc etc).

I personally find that the RAC reader I bought for another car works fine on the engine codes and reads the essential live data (that can be saved and output to a PC).

Just a minor point. If you are associated with a product for RR, come on here by all means, share some of your knowledge for the greater good and your products/services will sell themselves and probably become highly recommended by others here. I personally welcome people with the technical know-how, just as long as they ain't trying to promote something directly (or at least give me a massive discount! Very Happy )

Post #5667 19th May 2009 8:47am
BBS SPY

Cyprus 2003 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

Hiya Larry, no worries chap.
It was one of those posts that i really should have saved until morning and re viewed with a clear head before posting. Guess we all been there huh.

I am only really removing any content that could be construed as pro us as i really do not want to be judged as posting just to hawk our product. sadly its a working day and i have interuptions, hence the temporary edit Thumbs Up 2003 4.4 HSE

Post #5668 19th May 2009 8:54am
nbunney

United Kingdom 

Did I hear foum memebers get a nice big discount? Rolling with laughter

Post #5669 19th May 2009 9:21am
ken

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Don’t encourage him Rolling with laughter Whistle

Post #5670 19th May 2009 9:36am
BBS SPY

Cyprus 2003 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

I really don't mind coming on here, sharing my knowledge, time or experience, and i have absolutely no need or desire to engage in any form of promotion.

I know my market, i know my product, i know its worth and value, and i know that if and when anyone wanted equipment, i have sufficient confidence to accept that they would ultimately end up figuring stuff out, all for themselves. Thumbs Up

My post here was therefore no attempt at pimping our products at all and i would certainly not be so disrespectful to the site owner and the sites commercial posting rules. Whistle So sorry to disappoint chaps, but no shop talk Shocked

warmest regards 2003 4.4 HSE

Post #5671 19th May 2009 1:19pm
ken

BBS that post in its self promotes your product Thumbs Up

Post #5672 19th May 2009 2:55pm
Landrovered

United States 2003 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Giverny Green

First, thank you to the moderators for not being overly sensitive to members verbal jousting. I appreciate the ability air differences like men, hiding behind our keyboards (joke) without over sensitive delete buttons being deployed every time someone has a difference of opinion.

To the point: Even if it is a blatant commercial pitch, who cares, we need this type of technology to properly maintain our MkIIIs. I am wise enough to recognize and ignore if necessary people who have a commercial interest in a situation. If their products are worthy then they will be successful and if not then the community will warn potential buyers by their comments. 93 NAS 110, 72 SIII 109, 93 RRC LWB, 03 RR HSE

Post #5673 19th May 2009 3:28pm
ken

So what you are saying is Censored to the site rules then

Post #5674 19th May 2009 4:19pm
Larry

England 2006 Range Rover SE Td6 Java Black

Landrovered wrote:
First, thank you to the moderators for not being overly sensitive to members verbal jousting.

I'll second that! I'm sure everyone on here can handle themselves when it comes to a little ribbing and jibing.

Simple rule - If it offends you, firstly bear in mind that sarcasm and tone can sometimes be hard to convey in type, regional dialect and if English isn't your first language can also affect this. if it still offends, then say something out loud.

BBS Spy seems like the sort who easily takes it in the spirit it's intended and was quite open from the start as to the reason he's on here. As to promoting his gear. I agree. I can cut the wheat from the chaff, and extract the relevant technical points from any commercial dressing. It must be hard to talk about a subject you are knowledgeable about and not promote your own product if it is a result of the same knowledge. belief in your own products is to my mind a pre-requiste to success.

However, BBS Spy. Be confident that these boys will be straight on your back if you're too blatant about it! Wait until someone asks you for specific advice or your products are mentioned by someone else and then they have to expect some form of promotion without complaint! Smile

Post #5675 19th May 2009 4:29pm
Landrovered

We are entirely capable of agreeing and disagreeing and working out what is and is not crap. That is the way a this society functions, in most instances active moderation is not necessary.

Sure if the guy puts a blinky ad on every post then report it, but eliminating everyone from a conversation that has a monetary interest in the subject effectively removes some of the most knowledgeable folks from the discussion.

If you don't agree with him, call him on it, we are smart enough to figure out what is correct and what is not.

EDIT: Consider this is the american version of the previous post, evidently we were having the same thought at the same time while typing five time zones apart. 93 NAS 110, 72 SIII 109, 93 RRC LWB, 03 RR HSE

Post #5676 19th May 2009 4:34pm
ken

OK then put it this way our sponsors who help keep the site afloat as it does cost to do so pay for the site to stay alive. If all and sundry come on touting their wares what’s the point of the sponsors paying for the privilege, they understandably would stop their respective sponsorship and the site would no longer benefit now unless Martin has recently registered as a charity I don’t think he is one. So we should respect the owners site rules
As for this thread BBS has many fans on another forum where he is a sponsor and rightly plugs his plugins, however hes not a sponsor over here in some ways I hope he becomes one, however I don’t think we are big enough just yet for him to benefit. And the only way for this site to grow is to respect the wishes of the site owner. BBS I know you just can’t help yourself as you do have alot of info but how you can purvey yourself without self promotion on this subject is a tad hard.

Post #5677 19th May 2009 5:12pm
Landrovered

Sponsorship is a defacto recommendation of suitability by the website owners. In most cases it would not be an exclusive right to commercial promotion because this would limit the amount of revenue that the owner would be able to garner from the site. It would be left to the discretion of the website owner as to whether the posters activities infringed upon those of a paying sponsor, that would be best dealt with off of the forum through a PM but to simply limit any discussion of a commercial nature because a site has sponsors is not in the community's best interest.

In short: I am not here because of the sponsor, they are here because of you and me. 93 NAS 110, 72 SIII 109, 93 RRC LWB, 03 RR HSE

Post #5678 19th May 2009 5:23pm
ken

So Censored is what you are saying Dont Censored on the site

Get real perhaps the site should charge for membership Martin wont caus he has firm views on this the point is simple

IF ANYONE COULD COME ONE THIS SITE AND TOUT THEIR WARES FOR FREE WHY SHOULD THE SPONSORS NOT DESPONSOR THEMSELVES AND STILL TOUT FOR FREE

Exclusive was never mentioned look at RRS & D3 sites Bell Auto , Torque Tune, Turbo Chip (all remap companies) promote side by side

Theres a button between My Profile & Log Out & its there for a reason

Post #5679 19th May 2009 5:32pm
Landrovered

Did you not read the part where I said "It should be left to the discretion of the site owner". You have your knickers in a twist over this obviously. I have not Censored on anything but merely pointed out the fact that discussion of vehicles by nature includes discussions of who sells what and are they worth it. have you noticed the little Exclamation point in the red triangle on EVERY post. If you don't like what they post, use it! 93 NAS 110, 72 SIII 109, 93 RRC LWB, 03 RR HSE

Post #5680 19th May 2009 5:39pm
ken

Thank-you for pointing out the Triangle Rolling with laughter

Shame we dont press the donate as often

No knickers i'm afraid just hate Censored takers

Post #5681 19th May 2009 6:05pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>