Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Question for FFRR owners with RRS wheels fitted.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
carlos50

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black
Question for FFRR owners with RRS wheels fitted.

Hi

I am about to sell my 22" Overfinch style wheels because i dont like the ride quality with them but i do love the look so am a bit torn on this.

I like a couple of the 2010 spec FFRR 20" wheels but they dont set me alight like the 22", one reason may be that my car is black and the Overfinch are gun metal colour which i like a lot.

Anyway, the RRS has some nicer possible alternatives in the 20" size and i wanted to know if the FFRR drives the same with RRS 20" as it does with FFRR 20" or will i start to get too much feedback like i do with the 22"?.

Weather conditions also plays a part and i cant help think that 275 wide will be as bad as 285 in the winter Confused

I want to get back to genuine wheels with branded tyres and think that will help (the 22" are replicas with budget tyres) but can owners with RRS wheels on the FFRR comment on how the ride feels please?. Good and bad feedback welcomed.

Thanks

Carl

Post #87543 15th Oct 2011 12:57pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

until recently i had RRS wheels [9.5j] with 295/45/20 tyres on....looked really good and with the wheels being wider they filled the arches better..i bitterly regret getting rid of them and going standard size but you live and learn...

the most common 20'' RRS wheel is the 'y' spoke and normally has 275/40/20 tyres on it..the difference in diameter is 35mm less and some say they dont fill the arch well and you will find the speedo out more ie your speedo shows 70 mph and you will be doing approx 65 or less mph true speed..

my 295/45/20 were 11mm more in diameter than the standard 255/50/20 so the speedo was more or less spot on.

if you can get 275/45/20 on RRS wheels then the difference is only 7mm less so it will be as close as you can get to standard.

as for grip in snow , mine were fine with no problems except for a bit of aqua planing at speed on slushy snow.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #87544 15th Oct 2011 1:15pm
carlos50

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Hi scarey, I hadn't realised the standard RRS size was 40/20 I calculated it using 45. Did the RRS wheels feel steady and as if FFRR 20" were fitted?

My 22" give a lot of feedback and some vibration, I think a combo of replica wheels which will no doubt be heavier than the designed weight on a FFRR, budget tyres and possibly poor balancing of them. It makes the FF feel unsteady at times, its as if I can feel the heavier wheels dancing about on the front axle.

I was thinking the 2010 year RRS S/C, HST or AB style may look nice, they come in different finishes than the usual silver seen on FF options.

Problem is I don't want to swap, loose some of the look and find that the RRS wheels don't feel good either.

Post #87545 15th Oct 2011 1:25pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

the road holding was better with the RRS-295/45/20 combo except for low speed turning where you could fell the tyres gripping to much..the standard 255/50/20 feels slightly more 'wollowy' going round corners but a more smoother drive in the straights.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #87546 15th Oct 2011 1:31pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1