Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Rear bumper removal
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
mikeyyn

United Kingdom 
Rear bumper removal

I thought I might post to describe how to get a bumper off a FFRR 2010-. We decided to separate the plastic bumper cover and the metal bumper to make refitting easier.
I fitted a Westfalia towbar/hook etc on my 2011 RR today with the assistance of my neighbour (actually he did most of it) but the most awkward bit was the removal of the bumper.
The instructions on the Land Rover documents are a little misleading, it looks like you should lever the bumper away from the car, but what you should actually be doing is depressing little tabs that hook into small cutouts in the bumper. You don't need to use brute force to pull the bumper away. We used a small thin blunt blade to depress these tabs. They are 10cm 25cm 40cm from the wheel arch. If you begin to ease bumper away from the wheel arch you can see the edge of cutouts. The youtube video from powerfulukltd shows the cutouts (one broken) but not the tabs. Sorry no photos, just wanted to get on.
It is tricky but we managed to do it without damaging the bumper or bodywork but one of the tabs was depressed too far and was weakened. Still, the bumper has gone back in, and is tight.
Everything else is pretty much as per instructions, although the metal bumper has welded bolts rather than the 8 free bolts, you don't need to torque these up so much either, 120Nm rather than 140.
The electrics are now a 15inch long cable that plugs into a connector just next to the rectangular grommet. No ECU etc, but needs a software update.
Hope this helps.

Post #90235 3rd Nov 2011 10:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1