Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Dealership & Service Feedback > British Parts (britishparts.co.uk)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Joe90

England 
British Parts (britishparts.co.uk)

You may have had a better experience with these guys, for third party and OEM parts they offer a great price, but for me their reluctance to deliver has put me right off. See below for email exchange following online order:

Quote:
from customer services

Dear Joe,

Many thanks for your order. We note that you are requesting your order to be delivered to an alternative
address. It is our companies policy only to deliver to the billing address of the credit card unless you
are an established customer.

Unless instructed otherwise we will continue to process your order which will be despatched to the
billing address you have provided with your order.

Kind Regards
Sasha

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
to customerservices

Hi

If you do that it will most likely not be deliverable as there is no-one at home during the day, this is why I have given you my work address where there is someone here all the time to receive deliveries. What do I need to do to convince you that this is a better approach than the one you suggest (which would mean me having to either track down the delivery at the Post Office or drive miles to a delivery depot at the weekend).

Please reconsider.

from customer services

Many thanks for your email. We do not ship to Schools, Colleges or Universitys for secuity reasons unless paying via bank transfer. I have given you the bank details below for the transfer.
Below are our banking details- total to be transfered is: £**** GBP (THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY CHARGES MADE BY YOUR BANK)

BANK:****

ACCOUNT DETAILS

ACCOUNT NAME: BRITISH PARTS UK
ACCOUNT NUMBER: ****
SORT CODE: ****
IBAN ****
BIC ****

Please ensure you include an order number or name reference when making your bank payment

Kind Regards
Sasha

Please advise how you would like to proceed.

from customer services

Dear Customer

Your order #58251 placed at britishparts.co.uk has been voided for the following reason:

ORDER VOIDED. PLEASE RE ORDER IF REQUIRED. UNABLE TO SHIP TO DIFF ADRESS UNLESS B/T.RGDS.

Should you have any questions regarding this matter, please feel free to contact us. Thank You.

to customer services

OK

You just lost a return customer.

Suggest you review your policies on deliveries, if the rest of the world can do it, don't see why you can't.

Regards

Joe

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #93800 22nd Nov 2011 7:54pm
Googsy

Ireland 2008 Range Rover HSE TDV8 Java Black

Shocked unreal there are some real donkeys out there Present :2008 TDV8 HSE
Gone Audi A5 2.7TDI
Gone Discovery 3 HSE
Gone Mercedes CLK
Gone Range Rover 2.5 DSE

Post #93852 22nd Nov 2011 10:56pm
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Idiots! Like you say in your conversation with them, other companies do it without any problem!

Probably just some jobsworth making stupid rules! Censored Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #93856 22nd Nov 2011 11:21pm
47p2

Scotland 

The rules are there to stop credit card fraud.

Companies using the internet to sell their products were being ripped off to the tune of millions of pounds every month, so when you try and change the delivery details of your order to that of the credit card postal address it will flash up that it is different from the card holders address. It is then up to the vendor to decide whether he wants to take the chance of a possible fraudulent sale and loose not only the goods but the payment too. Most (but not all) companies today will not post to a different address from the card holders.

I know if my card details were found by some unscrupulous scumbag I would be more happy in the situation above.

Post #93859 22nd Nov 2011 11:40pm
Joe90

England 

I understand that 47, but it means they are behind the times, every other online vendor I use will deliver to my work address, and I accept that they need to ask for my billing address (of the card) and delivery address. Their online payment system offered a different delivery address and then they reneged on the deal and quoted policy at me. .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #93860 22nd Nov 2011 11:45pm
whippetman

Delivery to card holder address only is Paypal policy.All these online orders can only accept payment by card holder not present.If delivery to non verified address is used then the merchant can loose out 100%
Fraud is rife at the moment Big Cry

Post #93862 22nd Nov 2011 11:49pm
ric355

Joe90 wrote:
I understand that 47, but it means they are behind the times, every other online vendor I use will deliver to my work address, and I accept that they need to ask for my billing address (of the card) and delivery address. Their online payment system offered a different delivery address and then they reneged on the deal and quoted policy at me.

Did you read their terms and conditions before ordering?

http://images.britishparts.co.uk/www.britishparts.co.uk/terms.pdf

What they've said to you is in their T&C's so I don't think it's fair to say they've reneged on the deal. It does say it is at their discretion. If it wasn't your first order they might have gone with the other address.

I have to say they are being smart here, not awkward - although it is inconvenient to you. The moment a delivery address is not the same as the cardholder address you lose all assurances that the person is who they claim to be. And it's the vendor that ends up paying, not the credit card company.

They're not behind the times. It's just that there are a lot of sloppy online sellers out there.

Post #93863 22nd Nov 2011 11:59pm
RR8701

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

Hi Joe,

I do feel your pain, I work from almost 7-7 each day (thanks to the finance world) and i can never ever have anything delivered home. however I have to say amongst the other many reasons mentioned when I used to do an online business on ebay to the tune to a turnover of 100k pa and sending approx 100 parcels a day, 99% who wanted items delivered to a school, collage, work etc always got lost and i was always out of pocket regardless and regardless of financial loss was just a complete pain in the ass.

i think most retailers and myself included used to allow second order plus to be delivered to an alternative address.

Post #93865 23rd Nov 2011 12:04am
Joe90

England 

Quote:
It's just that there are a lot of sloppy online sellers out there.

What, like paypal, amazon, john lewis, vodafone, dabs, lrdirect, Island 4x4, I could go on........ Thumbs Up

This part of the forum is about "dealership" feedback. I was just giving some. Whether I am "right" or "wrong", I am an unsatisfied customer. This can simply serve as a warning to others who aren't "established" customers with britishparts, and to not expect the same straight-foward alternative address service from them, unless you jump through a few hoops (and don't work at a school, college or university). They lost a sale, and return business, I'd get the sack if I allowed that to happen in my business.

We have come to expect quality, defined as "fulfilling customer requirements", that's customer requirements.

Suggest we close now Thumbs Up .
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Post #93879 23rd Nov 2011 9:25am
Polux

2005 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Monte Carlo Blue

sorry but i agree with the supplier, maybe you should have asked them first do they delivery to an alternative address before processing orders.

my company has lost £hundreds through cc fraud.

some companies risk it some dont.

ask before buying

Post #93920 23rd Nov 2011 2:52pm
Reformed

England 

I will say that I have ordered from them a few times in the past and I have never had a problem with them (allthough I get my parts delivered to my home address, even if I get the annoying "while you were out" card!) Reformed

Post #93933 23rd Nov 2011 3:50pm
Mikeyjd

Wales 2003 Range Rover SE Td6 Zambezi Silver

Joe, from my experience, very few companies will deliver to an address other than credit card registered address. My solution is a credit card registered at my wife's business address. Smile No longer FF owner but still interested. Present car Jaguar XE

Previous car Td6 SE

Previous LR- Disco 300TDi Auto

Post #93959 23rd Nov 2011 4:52pm
duckworthparts
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

I'll only do it if your a repeat customer or if you are paying with debit card, paypal or bank transfer.

Been stung delivering to different adresses in the past with Credit Cards, although our payment processor does alot of fraud checks, and if i'm not happy with the outcome of the check then i won't send. You can paypal direct using - www.paypal.me/duckworthparts
Please supply your full name address when sending a paypal payment.
https://www.facebook.com/duckworthparts
www.duckworthparts.co.uk
My Direct Line: 01673 849873
Email: robin.hall@duckworth.co.uk
Supplier of Genuine Land Rover & Jaguar Parts For All Models

Post #93966 23rd Nov 2011 4:59pm
chex

Kenya 

Crap shoot as to whether you get OEM or pattern parts when you order with them.

Got a pattern MAF which has a smaller diameter than original so falls out of the intake hose, refused to refund.

Post #347821 15th Sep 2015 10:53am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1