Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Removal of rear Wiper/washer Motor: How To with Pics
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Bloody typical! I was up at IanV8's the other day picking up my side vents and noticed water running down the inside of the rear window. When I got the chance to remove the inside panel, it was full of dirty brown water. It seems that the water's coming from the black seal that's at the bottom of the wiper motor and attaches to the water pipe.

I know this sounds like the cheapskate method, but on the off-chance it works, I've gone round the grommet with black silcone sealant to see if that cures the problem. If not, I've lost nothing.......... Whistle Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #104310 29th Jan 2012 11:30pm
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Would this be the simmerring in question? - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10x16x4mm-Metric...2568bea0f8

Might be the cheaper alternative to a new wiper motor? Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #104374 30th Jan 2012 2:42pm
tomthevet

Scotland 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Tonga Green

Daft question without going outside and removing all the trim but does the water come through to the wiper arm through the centre of the spindle? Mine doesnt leak inside the car but seems to just leak out from where the spindle attaches to the wiper arm. I cant see on the wiper arm where the water is supposed to come out and even wondered whether it is the correct wiper arm thats attached as see no where to stick a pin if blocked!
T

Post #113558 17th Mar 2012 3:14pm
benjj

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

Yes, the fluid comes in through the middle of the spindle.

I've just followed the instructions and sorted mine. Top thread, thanks Thumbs Up

Post #126594 17th Jun 2012 6:38pm
petewild

England 2002 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

Hello all, Im not sure if my problem is the same as this thread, but effectively my rear wiper stopped mid stroke, then with a gentle nudge, it started again, then it stopped again and the gentle nudge technique didnt restart it.
Now, at the risk of some serious ribbing, it has gone, what I can only decribe as floppy!
That is, it appears to just dangle there, no resistance when I move the arm, feels as if the gearing inside the motor has lost its teeth?

Anyway, Im guessing it may be worth my while, before parting with the new motor monies, to remove the motor, take it apart and see whats what.

Anyone else been here ?

Post #177832 16th Mar 2013 12:09am
MrP

England 2011 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Yep - exactly the problem I had with my wiper motor (arm stopping etc) - cut a long story short its a corroded wiper assembly and weakened motor as a result. I spent an afternoon removing , cleaning, rebuilding only to find the motor had worn so ordered a new wiper assembly from duckworth dan. "On first name terms with my local Dealer......now."

'61 Plate 5.0SC Autobiography - in Black ——— Gone
'53 plate 4.4V8 Vogue Bonatti Grey inside and out. ----- Gone

Post #177845 16th Mar 2013 6:38am
petewild

Well good news and not so good, took it all apart and, even better, got it all back together again !
Now have a fully wiping wiper but still no washer, but then that has never worked since I bought the car so no surprise there. While it was apart however, I took the opportunity to check the feed and non return valve, dry as a bone, so I can only assume nothing is coming from the front reservoir?
So, following the route of the hose from the washer top up bottle it disappears down into the darkness and while I can just about see a second bottle/reservioir with a few tubes running off it and I guess the pump somewhere, I cant see how its accessible or even what to do as a test etc ?
Also how and where the front to rear hose is routed?

Any help or suggestions as ever gratefully received

Bow down

Post #179393 23rd Mar 2013 8:11pm
Cappo

2006 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

Just found this after initially thinking I had blocked washer jets - I did, but whilst those were cleared in seconds with a quick blast from the airline (once dismantled!) I found a lot of rusty watermarks in the trim, and then realised that the seal on the plastic joint onto the wiper motor was leaking. I was all ready to shell out my £126+vat for a new wiper motor then I found this - I shall tomorrow be attempting to get myself a 10x16x4 seal and giving the replacement mod a go! Will be a distinct result if that works and saves me a wad of cash for a complete motor.

Bit of a duff design really - the jets will always get blocked up placed where they are, and if the mild water pressure in the system just blows seals elsewhere, that's not the greatest!

I'll be very pleased if it works, not just for the money saving but I do like a engineering solution!

Post #180335 29th Mar 2013 6:54pm
Cappo

2006 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

Bah, I thought the bearing shops would be open today to get a seal, but not one of them are. It'll have to wait - annoying as I'll have to put the car back together today, as we need it tomorrow, then pull it apart again when I can get the seal!

Post #180411 30th Mar 2013 9:15am
Andy

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Thread ressurection time again

I've just removed my rear spoiler. It appears that the wiper arm hinged bit is seized and won't lift away from the window. I can't remove the plastic cap either - it won't budge. I've just blasted WD40 all over the hinge bit and will give it an hour.

I've also noticed at when the wiper arm is in the parked position, the wiper blade doesnt sit on the screen, and there is a gap. Is this bit normal? I wouldn't have thought so tbh.

i put a needle in the washer jet and it started to bubble and ooze brown fluid but nothing more than that.

Post #210412 15th Sep 2013 12:15pm
n1cktdv8

2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Should sit on the glass. WD40 is a good start to get some lube in the area. Might take another soaking in WD and then a bit of TLC Is this where I put the car details and a bit about myself ?........

Post #210428 15th Sep 2013 1:28pm
TugRR

United Kingdom 

Done this recently to mine, Noddy.
I replaced the NRV on the supply side of the pump and "drilled" out he nozzles using a tiny drill bit from a Dremel kit - more effective than a needle . . . works fine, now

Thumbs Up Where do you go after one of these . . . ?

Post #210506 15th Sep 2013 8:59pm
petewild

Spoke too soon, after a few months of faultless operation, the rear wiper has again developed a (different) fault.

Basically starts its sweep and gets to the end OK but then half way back to the start position, it sticks.

Ive taken it apart again and it appears that the large white gear/cog has worn in one section, so when the worm drive from the motor reaches that point it cant engage with the white cog and just spins.

So my question is, does anyone know if this part is available or is it a whole new motor?

And has anyone else suffered this wearing on the gear wheel?

Thanks

Post #216063 12th Oct 2013 2:18pm
petewild

Oh yes, and if anyone has replaced their motor for any other reason and wants a few quid for the knackered unit, please let me know

Post #216155 12th Oct 2013 8:34pm
Nomad

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

Re removing the interior tailgate trim: RRUK said: "I started at the sides, just try and pull directly back in a straight line, if you pull down you may snap some of the plastic tags".

I've tried and I just can't see anyway to get a grip to pull the trim in any direction. Did you use any tools? Where did you grip the trim to get the purchase? Is the pull direction parallel to the glass or at an angle to it? I'm a real wimp here obviously but I've read of others breaking the trim and don't want to do that. 2012 5.0L S/C
Previous:
3.6 TDV8
4.4 HSE
P38 4.6 HSE
Classic 3.9
90 County
Series3 Lightweight

Post #325246 1st May 2015 7:03am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 6 <123456>