Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Fitting Intravee Kit Hiding Modules
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
cliffy

2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver
Fitting Intravee Kit Hiding Modules

Ive recently acquired a Intravee mk2 with the ipod interface and module and the 6 disc cd changer/ mp3 changer and module with all cables

Im looking to fit at the weekend and im after sounding out my idea, I have PM'd danuk but i know he aint on here often at the moment and ive searched as well with no sucess

Im planning on fitting the CD changer in the stock position in the glove box, looking at the info on it, it seems the changer is the same size as the stock unit that is currently there, so looking at EVOeng pic here

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

It looks like there will be enough room at the rear of the cd changer to mount the intravee unit, now here is my concern, where am i gonna hide the 2 control modules for the changer and the ipod

Is there enough room behind the dash?? is there space that i could tuck them up there someone??

Anyone got any suggestion on where to mount the modules?

Thanks in advance
Neil

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #109598 27th Feb 2012 11:33am
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Neil,

In my last FF, an 04 i put the same kit in and heres what i did... I replaced the CD changer, took the phone holder out of the arm rest (as i had bluetooth kit installed) and put the cable to iPod through to the armrest... That way the iPod would sit perfectly in the armrest lid where the old defunct phone holder was (if you dont use the car for a few days i found my iPod needed turning on by pressing the power button on the front of the iPod hence the install into the centre arm rest, rather than trying to reach the glove box whilst driving!)... I hid both the intravee and the Alpine box under the passenger side side cheek cover (with the wood cover to the left of the heater controls) so i could easily get to it by removing one torx screw if i needed to update it via my laptop... (far easier than behind the dash!)

The only thing you need to check is weather your CD changer has one or two input leads, as only the very early L322 has the two plugs, all the rest from 03/53 on have one bigger plug. I was lucky and found a converter (plugs my one plug in one end and had two BMW plugs the other) i think if memory serves me correctly it was a Rover 75 to BMW lead... Quite rare now though im afraid... I believe most just cut off the one plug and solder on the two from a scrapped car... Google it if unsure...

Craig Thumbs Up

Post #109605 27th Feb 2012 11:54am
cliffy

Craig ur a star, thanks for the heads up about the lead as i have a 2004 model, ill take plenty of pics an ddo a write for anyone else as well when im fitting it

I found the lead

Click image to enlarge

Ive just ordered it at 12quid including delivery

thanks again
Neil Thumbs Up

Post #109613 27th Feb 2012 12:32pm
cliffy

Night mare that supplier refunded and emailed say no longer available have found another (last one) and ordered again

Post #110055 29th Feb 2012 12:06pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Cliffy, would you let me know where you manage to find one from in the end please as i could do with a couple to keep on the shelf...

They are usually a pig to find though!

Craig Thumbs Up

Post #110061 29th Feb 2012 1:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1