Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Dealership & Service Feedback > LR Service Items on Back Order
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
JackRegan

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Waitomo Grey
LR Service Items on Back Order

Around 4-5 months ago I booked my 16MY RR for its 7yr/112k service and MOT at Inchape LR Chester. I was told they would need the car for two days.

On the day, I dropped my car off at 10 am and was told I'd receive a call to update me on the MOT progress. I'd also receive a health check video for the service side of things. I received a call later that day to say my car had passed its MOT, all going well Thumbs Up

I didn't hear anything more, so I called the dealership the next day around 4:30 pm. I was told everything had been completed and I could now come and collect my car.

On arrival, I was then told the car needed to be washed. After a 30+ mins wait I was seen by a service advisor only to be told they hadn't been able to complete all of the service items as the front camshaft belt and tensioner were on backorder with no estimated timeframe.

Interestingly, the customer next to me was also getting the same backorder news about a fuel tank strap needed on her Evoque.

I was told they only order parts needed the day before or on the day of the service, so booking in advance made no difference.

Then came the real kicker. Four days later I received an email with the service video attached in which the mechanic points out my lower control arms are starting to perish and split as well as there being a crack in the NSR brake motor. And you guessed it, the brake actuator and one of the arms are showing not in stock.

My car has just turned 7yo and has 58k on the clock. I'm surprised the control arms need doing, and have no idea how the brake actuator cracked, but it is what it is I suppose.

It's not a small LR dealer, in fact, it went through a large upgrade about 5 years ago. I've used this dealership for around 10 years, although I've never seen the same person twice.

I'm not sure if this is JLR currently or if all dealers are this bad at the moment. I know it's pointless questioning as Brexit/Covid/WFH excuses are still very fashionable and roll off the tongue. 2016MY TDV6 Autobiography
2011MY 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography Black - Gone
2005 TD6 Vogue - Gone

Post #650637 13th Dec 2022 9:50am
Highroller

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Java Black

I've heard that some dealerships are having staff / morale issues.

Post #650648 13th Dec 2022 2:08pm
gettingold

United Kingdom 

Would those brake items be mentioned as an advisory in the MOT?. visiting from www.rrsport.co.uk

Post #650652 13th Dec 2022 2:52pm
JackRegan

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Waitomo Grey

I was told the brake actuator LLR036573 relates to the handbrake. No mention of it on the MOT. 2016MY TDV6 Autobiography
2011MY 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography Black - Gone
2005 TD6 Vogue - Gone

Post #650658 13th Dec 2022 4:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1