Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My '02 FFRR Vogue 4.4V8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Bellini

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver
My '02 FFRR Vogue 4.4V8

I joined here a few weeks ago, sans FFRR, but only because I was going to buy one.

It was a long search. Plenty of calls. Plenty of arrogant 'dealers' who have no idea how to sell.

But through these pages, EVOeng (Ram) got in contact about his. I was initially sceptical, but that evaporated once I made contact.

We met and it was an easy decision. By far the best Vogue in my self-imposed price range of £12,000.

So, earlier today I collected it and immediately started work on a bit of additional cleaning...

First off, I removed the awful side steps. They kill the classic lines. Easy job, but I've had to seek expert help at a later date to remove the front flaps. Not as straightforward as they look.

Click image to enlarge

Next, Edward (my 9 year old son) set off with the Vax on the boot. It already looked good.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

I turned my attention to the paintwork. It was clear the paint had faded a little. Autoglym Super High Gloss Resin polish was applied with a terry towel cloth.

Click image to enlarge

Edward helped on the bonnet raised lettering with a clean paintbrush to shift the dirt between the lettering.

Click image to enlarge

A finished bonnet looking much better!

Click image to enlarge

Edward took the polish off to a good shine with another clean terry cloth.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Edward vaxed the interior and I went round the dash with a soft brush to remove dust and any light marks.

The interior lights make things look great!

Click image to enlarge

Haven't had time yet to condition the leather. But it looks good.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

I cleaned the alloys with the Autoglym as well. These were an easy job and didn't need anything more than this. Tyre shine finishes thing's off.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

There's a few more things planned. Not sure about upgrading the alloys to 20" now. :mm Si. <This is my name.

I eat rat poison.

A man ain't truly been insulted until he stands buck naked in front of a woman and she didn't even notice. Or care.

Last edited by Bellini on 1st Apr 2012 1:38pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #102901 21st Jan 2012 9:52pm
Joe90

England 

Very nice, and welcome to the '02 club Smile

Might want to remove the "GB" sticker?

Debate raging on forum at them moment about whether to keep to original standard or upgrade things, yours looks pretty original and in good nick. .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #102905 21st Jan 2012 10:00pm
Bellini

Yeah, that GB sticker will definitely go. Embarassed

I like originality. This is replacing a low mileage, highly original and unmolested '93 V8 Discovery. Very rare indeed. Si. <This is my name.

I eat rat poison.

A man ain't truly been insulted until he stands buck naked in front of a woman and she didn't even notice. Or care.

Post #102906 21st Jan 2012 10:06pm
bergxu

United States 2005 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Congrats man. Didn't know they had the Lux seats in '02! My '05 has them in the exact same color. Best part about the rig! Cheers,

Aaron

Post #103066 23rd Jan 2012 4:58am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

how much does the little man charge to clean and hoover?...mine needs doing.. Mr. Green ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #103079 23rd Jan 2012 9:27am
Bellini

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Bring it round, Stan. Have a coffee and some lunch. Talk to me about FFRR's and I'll set him to work. Thumbs Up Si. <This is my name.

I eat rat poison.

Post #103082 23rd Jan 2012 9:35am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

Laughing

Thumbs Up ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #103083 23rd Jan 2012 9:43am
jaybear

France 

Bellini wrote:
Yeah, that GB sticker will definitely go. Embarassed

I like originality. This is replacing a low mileage, highly original and unmolested '93 V8 Discovery. Very rare indeed.

Congrats , also : very nice work . I also would vote for keeping it original .
on top the bigger the rims the less confort the ride .
What you can update is what you don't see , such as MK3 Nav to MK4 etc ..; .

Was the gearbox flushed during the car life ??? .
If not , doing it now will not harm and keep the ride as smooth as silk .

and have a look at the diagnosis equipment options , there are 2 available and discused here in the forum , and that will simplify greatly your life .

And welcome again . Very Happy Jaybear

2002 V8 , premier edition , 19" alloys ,

Post #103109 23rd Jan 2012 11:03am
Bellini

Thanks!

The first owner had the 'box seals, filter and oil replaced following a slight oil leak a few years ago.

Sat nav upgrade? Tempting. I'll have to look into that in more depth. Thumbs Up

For now, I'm just getting used to what is there. Got really annoyed yesterday because I couldn't get the radio to work. I twiddled knobs and pressed buttons, but nothing.

A frantic search in the manual and it tells me I had to press the left knob to switch the thing on. D'oh!!

A bit more time with the manual in the RR is required, I reckon... Si. <This is my name.

I eat rat poison.

Post #103114 23rd Jan 2012 11:29am
Vogue

United Kingdom 

Bellini, forget the RR!, thats a lovely looking series III in the background, its an early one if I am not mistaken as it has the series 2a bonnet on it. Most early series III's from the early to mid 1970's had the 2a bonnet -no lip on the leading front bonnet edge - LR using up old stock for several years... my first LR! memories!!! There was also a delux bonnet option with the curved lip at the front / more dished which became std fit later in the series 3 run.

Post #103115 23rd Jan 2012 11:31am
Bellini

The Series 3 (Toby) is a 1973 88" 2.25 soft top with a genuine (but not proven, other than anecdotal evidence) 62,000 miles from new. So, early-ish Series 3.

He's totally original and completely unmodified. I bought him for my wife about 3 years ago and he does no more than 700 miles a year these days.

The bonnet is the standard utility spec. The deluxe bonnets were fitted to the station wagons or an an option to these. He's got no door cards and just rubber mats (again, original) on the floor. Seats are almost unmarked and he has a small unique period accessory... Variable intermittent wipers via a period black box under the dash.

I've had his wheels refurbished in the correct limestone and new period tyres put on him. He does have a battle-scar parking dent from the previous owner on one of his rear wings, but that's staying as I don't want to replace the panel and spoil the originality.

I've got a Fairey overdrive to put in him when time allows.

He polishes up well considering most of his paint is now 39 years old. Si. <This is my name.

I eat rat poison.

Post #103117 23rd Jan 2012 11:46am
Vogue

United Kingdom 

thought so, had mine new in 73! nice LR Thumbs Up

Post #103135 23rd Jan 2012 1:36pm
Welshdragon

Wales 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Monte Carlo Blue

look nice polished up, good looking series 3 too but you got a nicer 110 too! my wifes 110 got a polish last year after rebuild and not had it since .....she wont let me anywhere near it with a bucket and spunge even ! Rolling with laughter If it dont work.......burn it!

If the IId tool cant fix it.......burn the FF.

If the FF cant be fixed......buy a Land Cruiser!

If the LC cant be fixed..............................................BUY a horse !!

Post #103212 23rd Jan 2012 11:11pm
Bellini

Aah! My 110....

Heavily modified and significantly quicker than the factory had any intention of making them.

Until a few days ago, it was covered in mud from a recent gentle greenlaning trip. But it's more commonly polished and shiny, as it has been this weekend after much effort.

Configured mainly for long trips with standard-ish suspension and higher gearing, she's no battered off-road warrior. Most of the spending has gone on the engine.

It's off to Suffolk this weekend for more fettling to get its hybrid (VNT) turbo working more effectively with the fuel injection pump. In other words, it goes well, but smokes a little too much on hard acceleration.

In her current form, she sees off Puma-engined Defenders with ease and will cruise at 90 when conditions allow.

Not bad for an 18 year old 110 with 153,000 miles on the clock. Si. <This is my name.

I eat rat poison.

Post #103230 24th Jan 2012 8:43am
Bellini

Due to hectic weekends, all I've been able to do to my FFRR is drive it. Mr. Green

But the 2010 spec steering wheel has been on for a few weeks now and I'm sold on that completely!

Click image to enlarge

The only downside is I feel the heated function takes a lot longer to heat up and isn't as strong ad before. Question

Anyway, I took more of your sage advice and then ordered the walnut interior door handle surrounds. No posts on here asking how to do it. It really was incredibly simple.

And worth it!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Next job is to clean and condition the leather properly. Si. <This is my name.

I eat rat poison.

Post #106650 10th Feb 2012 5:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>