Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Photos, Videos & Media > Caravan club stupidity FFRR not suitable to tow my caravan!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

If you passed your test AFTER that date you can still tow above the weight BUT you must have someone 'advising' you in the passenger seat with the correct entitlement AND display L plates as well. Thumbs Up

Ps that r5 looks to be a 1.4 unit and that's the clutch/Cooling system/pass side front wheel smoking like a good en Smile FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #121310 11th May 2012 11:48am
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

IMHO, it would be unlikely that anyone would get pulled over whatever van they were towing with a FF. The police tend to be on the lookout for people who are obviously negligent in their loading and matching. I have seen outfits which are so on the limit its daft, but legal.

Eg a Elddis Crusader superstorm on the back of a mondeo estate, possibly legal if loaded correctly but certainly not advisable.

I also see combos which are so badly loaded its scary, tow bar almost on the ground. cant be fun to drive. Also not evident with a FF as the max noseweight of 150kg would be difficult to reach with a van, also the air susupension assures a level load.

For a FF to be at 85% the caravan would have to be over 2.3t. There arent many vans which have that high a MTPLM on the market in the UK, with the possible exception of units from Airstream and the newer units with slide out sides.

One of the best towcars i have used, comfortable on the motorway and big A roads but my old 5series was better on twisty stuff with the van on. Thumbs Up There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #121468 12th May 2012 12:47pm
Andy

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

My swift Conqueror is exactly the same as that and my TD6 is fine with it

Post #175674 3rd Mar 2013 10:21pm
KurtVerbose

Switzerland 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Holy thread resurection!

Just towed my almost fully loaded 3500kg trailer from Scotland to the Alps. The TD6 didn't race up hills, some of them took a while with that load, but it was never a problem. 3500kg is an awful lot to tow and you shouldn't race around with that - slow, planned, methodical, and I stuck to the 80kph speed limit. Can't see why the caravan club would think a 1600kg caravan would be too much.

Incidentally, I was stopped by the (German) police. They wanted to check it was properly loaded and strapped down but had no problem with the weight.

I took my licenese way before 1996, but think that test is a good idea. Towing, particulary a heavy weight, should come with some training and a test.

Post #175696 3rd Mar 2013 11:30pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12