Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > ZF Oil Change / Service Quote - Mackie Transmission
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
CG-SC

2006 Range Rover Autobiography Supercharged Zambezi Silver
ZF Oil Change / Service Quote - Mackie Transmission

So after reading a few good things (on various forums) I phoned Mackies Transmission in Glasgow for a quote to do a full oil change etc on my 2006 SC

I got a quote of £340 plus VAT.....

But here is the bit I hate (not sexist before anyone has a go) I get a woman receptionist who takes my details and goes to get me a price, then she comes back with the £340 plus VAT stating that it's more for the RR because the access is difficult and there is no room around the gearbox so it takes more time......aye right, wtf, why did I read on a BMW forum that they charged £250 plus VAT on a 530d for what is a similar box......

Oh and also that it will take half a day to carry out the oil change.....

Rant Over

CG Stolen / Gone: 2006MY Supercharged LPG Autobiography - Zambezi Silver with Sand/Jet/Jet Oxford Leather.....

Post #122585 18th May 2012 7:32pm
47p2

Scotland 
Re: ZF Oil Change / Service Quote - Mackie Transmission

CG-SC wrote:
.......because the access is difficult and there is no room around the gearbox so it takes more time......

They're having a laugh....at your expense, you could drive a bus between the box and the bodywork Whistle

Post #122591 18th May 2012 8:44pm
CG-SC

My thoughts exactly......
Thumbs Up Stolen / Gone: 2006MY Supercharged LPG Autobiography - Zambezi Silver with Sand/Jet/Jet Oxford Leather.....

Post #122592 18th May 2012 8:47pm
Dolphinboy

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

Danuk1984 had his oil amd filter changed at his usual indie guy for around £180 I recollect?

Post #122658 19th May 2012 3:47pm
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

I bought this kit and then it still needed work done. Please note that it has only 7 liter of fluid so the gearbox is not completely drained (I believe it takes about 14 liter). So that is already GBP 160 for all this stuff and then there is still the work. I have to say the filler plug is hard to get to but the filter etc. is dead easy. Although over here they said that some of the bolts were stuck (galvanic corrosion ??) taking some extra time to remove.

So extrapolating from there (the fluid is about GBP 25 per liter) a full 14 liter fluid change plus filter etc. could be quite a bit of money. MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #122681 19th May 2012 7:37pm
Collie35

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue SE Td6 Galway Green
Re: ZF Oil Change / Service Quote - Mackie Transmission

CG-SC wrote:
So after reading a few good things (on various forums) I phoned Mackies Transmission in Glasgow for a quote to do a full oil change etc on my 2006 SC

I got a quote of £340 plus VAT.....

But here is the bit I hate (not sexist before anyone has a go) I get a woman receptionist who takes my details and goes to get me a price, then she comes back with the £340 plus VAT stating that it's more for the RR because the access is difficult and there is no room around the gearbox so it takes more time......aye right, wtf, why did I read on a BMW forum that they charged £250 plus VAT on a 530d for what is a similar box......

Oh and also that it will take half a day to carry out the oil change.....

Rant Over

CG

I also took my RR to Mackie Transmission for a transmission service, can't remember exactly how much it cost (several months ago), But as i remember thinking it was quite good value, they also downloaded the lastest software into the computer and car drove like a dream (still does) on the way back. I drove through from Edinburgh especially.

Post #134084 2nd Aug 2012 2:29pm
Collie35

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue SE Td6 Galway Green

I also took my RR to Mackie Transmission for a transmission service, can't remember exactly how much it cost (several months ago), But as i remember thinking it was quite good value, they also downloaded the lastest software into the computer and car drove like a dream (still does) on the way back. I drove through from Edinburgh especially.

Post #134085 2nd Aug 2012 2:32pm
CG-SC

Good to hear a recommendation.....thanks Stolen / Gone: 2006MY Supercharged LPG Autobiography - Zambezi Silver with Sand/Jet/Jet Oxford Leather.....

Post #134103 2nd Aug 2012 6:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1