Home > Dealership & Service Feedback > Guava Guildford
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
andyw

England 2002 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Zermatt Silver
Guava Guildford

hello all first time on this site, must say it is very good

Iam at this point over the moon with the service i got from tha staff down at Guava at guildford. what a top bunch. Razz

i just had my compressor changed as the old one gave up, i was a little wary as to the motives having spoken to the other guildford dealer. this was dispelled as i walked through the door and was greeted with the smile from the staff.

any one who lives near guildford should use them they are cheaper, helpful, imformative and above all recommended and are streets ahead in customer service and presentation of the buisness.

my car is a 02 model but it could have been brand new even though it was a bit of dent in my wallet they spoke to me and the warrenty company and struck a deal on my behalf

what a service

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post #8389 12th Nov 2009 7:25pm
Mapmuppet

United Kingdom 

Firstly welcome to the site Wink

Can't speak highly enough about Guava (Guildford) they have looked after my FFRR for a number of years now. Nothing seems to be too much trouble for Will ! 2005 Audi A8 W12
1978 Mercedes 450 SEL 6.9
1986 Mercedes 420 SL 4.2

Post #8403 13th Nov 2009 10:18am
claud

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Corris Grey

Guava have handled all of my services for my Disco 3. They are lower cost than Hunters and tend to offer a more personal service. The workshop manager is always on hand to give advice directly if Will cannot provide an answer.

They have just fitted a tow bar to my Vogue SE at a reasonable cost. I will be taking it there for its next service too, even though I purchased it from Hunters.

Being a Godalming resident they are my nearest dealer too! 2018 Range Rover Autobiography
2010 Land Rover Freelander XS
1959 Series II
1950, 1952, 1954. 1955, 1957 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance

Post #8436 15th Nov 2009 7:34pm
The Flying Scot

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Fuji White

Cannot rate them highly enough.

Had my first experience with them today. Popped in about a knocking suspension. Will the service manager handled everything exceptionally. He had a guy on it in minutes. Identified the track rod had gone and then asked if I wanted it fixed there and then.

Less than 1 hour later it was all fixed and at a price that would shame my local stealer!

Brilliant! 2011 Range Rover TDV8 4.4 Vogue SE
2007 Range Rover TDV8 Vogue (Sold)
2004 Range Rover Vogue TD6 (Sold)

Post #54011 10th Mar 2011 10:25pm
Dolphinboy

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

@claud: how much for your tow bar installation? I have been quoted £288 inc Vat. (that's with me supplying all the parts!)

@flying scot: I may have the same prob on the front. how much was your repair?

cheers chaps.

Post #54014 10th Mar 2011 11:09pm
The Flying Scot

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Fuji White

£114 to supply and fit new O/S/F track rod end. 2011 Range Rover TDV8 4.4 Vogue SE
2007 Range Rover TDV8 Vogue (Sold)
2004 Range Rover Vogue TD6 (Sold)

Post #54015 10th Mar 2011 11:20pm
Dolphinboy

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

Magic. Thanks. Wink

Post #54021 10th Mar 2011 11:51pm
claud

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Corris Grey

Dolphin boy

Guava charged me £225 + vat, not sure if the labour rate has changed since 2009.

That rate may not be a bargain, however I have lost count the number of times I have popped in with an issue, been seen immediately and not charged. It is worthwhile building up a relationship with a trustworthy dealer.

I messed up fitting high power bulbs to Mrs Clauds freeloader and they spent 45 minutes rectifying my mistake FOC!

Good luck with sorting your tow bar, I still have not used mine yet! I need to get a trailer for the older landies to go to shows........ 2018 Range Rover Autobiography
2010 Land Rover Freelander XS
1959 Series II
1950, 1952, 1954. 1955, 1957 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance

Post #54254 12th Mar 2011 3:21pm
Bellini

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

Another vote for Guava.

My RR spent last Wednesday, Thursday and Friday in there.

They looked into the burning smell (faulty cam cover gasket replacement that Lookers will be fixing next week), sorted the battery drain issue (new steering rack, motors etc at the usual massive cost), fitted my new front mudflaps (saved me a job) and ran a full diagnostic and health check on the alternator to make sure that was OK, which it apparently is.

James on the Service side was very good. The technician chap who I spoke to knew his stuff and didn't bullsh*t me.

The loan car was a lowly new 1.2 Corsa, but it was better than some heavily sign written thing and at least had Radio 2 which, for some bizarre reason, my FFRR refuses to find.

Should I have need to, I'd go back. Oh, and they 'valeted' my RR for free. Si. <This is my name.

I eat rat poison.

A man ain't truly been insulted until he stands buck naked in front of a woman and she didn't even notice. Or care.

Post #107889 18th Feb 2012 9:31am
Emperor Mong

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Loire Blue

I surrey-based friend takes his 07 4.2S/C there. He speaks very highly of them. So highly he trusted them with an MOT on his Ford GT.

Post #107910 18th Feb 2012 11:29am
rmpsmith

2003 Range Rover HSE Td6 Giverny Green

Hi, I live in Guildford, have never used Hunters so can't comment on them, but stay clear due to their hourly rates. Have used Guava in the past for a Disco2 I had, and would also say that they do seem like good eggs (isn't it Will who is the workshop mgr?), and slightly cheaper than Hunters for the most part. Perversely though a full wheel alignment was more at Guava, but then I saved myself over £100 by going to Trade Tyres on Slyfield Ind. Est. instead. Only issue I have with Guava though is that, when its not a routine issue that can be booked 3wks ahead, they don't have any slack in their scheduling to be able to have a quick look at things that'll have the car off the road until investigated. Clearly due to them being very popular I guess, so can't blame them for that I suppose.

Currently using Challenger 4x4 in Tongham for my L322 now, as they're rates are very sensible and they are serious enthusiasts like the Dunsfold fellows; only they are also willing to touch modern vehicles having invested in Autologic. Currently we're trying to suss out some odd suspension behaviour though, for which i'll be opening another thread on here to see if anyones had similar.

Have also used SE Autoworks on Walnut Tree Close, Guilford, for general issues like hub bushes, etc, where specific testbook/autologic resetting isn't needed. General OBD faults etc can be cleared, but not sure about, say, checking suspension heights, compressor temp, pressures, etc. Certainly if you've got an old defender/disco/rangie also, Johnny certainly knows his way round them.

cheers

Richard

Post #109467 26th Feb 2012 2:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1